Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Casserole Dish in the egg?

WardsterWardster Posts: 681
edited 3:26AM in EggHead Forum
I'm getting ready to fire up a chicken dish and I want to cook it on the egg. Can I use one of my regular caserole dishes? I will be going over a plate setter, cooking at 400* should reduce the amount of smoke it will take. Any suggestions or is this ok?
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Wardster,
    I would put it on a cake cooling rack that sits on the plate setter. I'm not that enthusiastic about sitting glass directly on ceramic.

·
  • StogieStogie Posts: 279
    Wardster,[p]You will want to wrap the dish in foil! Otherwise, it will get charred black from the smoke.[p]Completely cover the outside of the dish and cook away![p]Stogie
    ·
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    Stogie,[p]Wardster is utilizing an indirect cook with the plate setter. I won't speak for all materials but neither cast iron nor glass will get charred. Cast iron is obvious, but I bake lasagna in a glass dish at 350°F on the Egg all of the time with no additional elbow grease required.[p]There is no reason not to line the outside of a dish with foil though - that's for sure.[p]Puj
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Wardster,
    Billy below is a link to great pots and pans to cook on the egg.I used these in Atlanta at Eggtoberfest,they are real easy to clean.Nordic Ware has free shipping and the more you order the more diacount you get.
    Larry

[ul][li]Nordic Ware[/ul]
    ·