Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT newbie

Options
Aledo Green Dreggon
Aledo Green Dreggon Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Forgive me, I am new to this, but what does ABT stand for? I gather from other posts I have read that the T is for Turd, but what about the AB? I am gonna have to make some of those this weekend. I just got my egg 4 days ago.

1 loin and a batch of burgers down. A boneless turkey breast, a whole turkey breast, and a whole chicken thawing in the fridge. Just gotta get my temperature regulation down.

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Atomic buffalo Turds
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    They are Jalepeno Peppers stuffed with cheese and often other ingredients such as a meat. Typically it is wrapped in Bacon.
    They are Awesome. I am having some leftover ABT's for lunch today.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    For your squeamish guests: "Atomic Buffalo Thingies" or, "Absolute Barbecue Treats" or, you fill in the blanks
    !! 8 - )
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Options
    Practice your temp control ,When I got mine I just lit and dint even cook ,Did you Do the $ bill test ,its a MUST if your going to do low& slow ,find out where 250 -300 350- 400- is on your lower vent ,really once you have that you are long way down the road

Build on off your best cooks ,go forward try new things ,dont do bacon at 500 it wont work ,I have done at least 200+ cooks and I just did that last week ,your going to burn somthing along the way ,But just keep going ,stay on this forum its the best you can find

Would this be the an airplane DavisDA2
    I am a plilot also
    Dave
    1501.jpg
  • Aledo Green Dreggon
    Options
    I have not done the $$ test yet. I heard about it before I got the egg, but everything looked tight, no smoke leaking so I didn't do it. I will test it tonight though.

From the things I have read I think my problem was my own ignorance. I had the vents closed to about 1/4" bottom and the wheel to about 25% twist. The temperature was stable at around 300, but the smoke almost completely stopped. My fear was that I had choked the fire out so I opened everything wide again and caused the temp to soar, then shut things back down. Now applying what I have learned here I think 1, I didn't have enough chips, and 2 the egg would have kept going even just fine with the way I had the vents set.

I can't wait to get my hands on some chili peppers so I can make a batch.

I got a chance to fly a plane for my birthday a few years back. 1/2 hour with an instructor with me having 0 training. It was the most terrifyingly exhilarating experience of my life.
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Options
    well thats good now you know where 300 is ,thats what you need to know
    300 is a great place for bacon wrapped pork tender and baked spuds
    And this is the airplane Davis Da2
    DAve
    1292659.jpg
  • Charleston Dave
    Options
    I was reading the forum for weeks before I figured it out...and I eventually learned what it was from another BGE site!

Maybe we should have a glossary for more than EGG puns!