Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Extender for Med. w/plate setter?

TractorTractor Posts: 287
edited 11:06PM in EggHead Forum
I made the mistake of purchasing an extender for my medium and guess what? It doesn't close when I'm cooking indirect on my plate setter.

Should I buy the extender for a small? How is everyone handling this? THANKS

• must be a problem because mine fits fine.
    if you need more room take out the fire ring and try it.
  • I found the same thing with the extended grid, it's ok without the plate setter for chicken, etc. but the lid wouldn't close when I wanted to try stacking two pizzas. I'll try removing the fire ring next time, I never thought of that.
  • There was a lot of confusion about this when I was looking to achieve a raised grid. My understanding, unless they've changed it, is that it will not close if you position it on top of the regular grid, and want to get up above the felt level. I guess it's designed to go on the fire ring, althought I don't see what the advantiage is.

Here's how I did mine:

The top grid is a 13 inch Web?r replacement, with 3-3/4 stove bolts. If you do this, you only need 3 legs. They will straddle food better.
  • Make you one with the 13 inch like Dyna said