Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Extender for Med. w/plate setter?

TractorTractor Posts: 283
edited 6:20AM in EggHead Forum
I made the mistake of purchasing an extender for my medium and guess what? It doesn't close when I'm cooking indirect on my plate setter.

Should I buy the extender for a small? How is everyone handling this? THANKS
·

Comments

• must be a problem because mine fits fine.
    if you need more room take out the fire ring and try it.
    ·
  • I found the same thing with the extended grid, it's ok without the plate setter for chicken, etc. but the lid wouldn't close when I wanted to try stacking two pizzas. I'll try removing the fire ring next time, I never thought of that.
    ·
  • There was a lot of confusion about this when I was looking to achieve a raised grid. My understanding, unless they've changed it, is that it will not close if you position it on top of the regular grid, and want to get up above the felt level. I guess it's designed to go on the fire ring, althought I don't see what the advantiage is.

Here's how I did mine:

DSCN3033.jpg

The top grid is a 13 inch Web?r replacement, with 3-3/4 stove bolts. If you do this, you only need 3 legs. They will straddle food better.
    ·
  • Make you one with the 13 inch like Dyna said
    NEW08022-1.jpg

NEW08024-1.jpg

NEW08025.jpg

NEW08029-1.jpg
    ·