Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick remote thermometer

figgiefiggie Posts: 15
edited 9:51AM in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know where I can get replacement probes for Maverick Ready Check thermometers?

Thanks in advance

figgie
·

Comments

• CPBCPB Posts: 133
    I have been looking for ages! Good luck. I will keep my eye on your post.
    ·
  • Try this link. Just fill in the blanks for parts you want to order.

http://www.maverickhousewares.com/new_probe_parts_pub_0001.pdf
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,892
    Maybe it would work but did you catch that is an unsecured website? No way am I entering my credit card number on that form!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Ever try right from the source? I remeber when I had to order ne wprobes I went right to the manufacturer. It's on the paperwork comes with the Redi-check.
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    I have ordered them direct from Maverick and it took six weeks to get them. You can get them from Freds and they will be there in a week. Maybe a little more expensive but get a some dizzy pig and some smoking woods and it well worth it. Its just going to burn out again.

I had three polders for years before the egg and never burnt out a probe on the weber kettle. Less than a year with the egg all three polders fried plus two sets of maverick probes. All fried doing chicken at 350. The platesetter must concentrate the heat. I have alomost given up on using remote probe. Bought one more , when it goes, I'll just use the thermopen
    ·