Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick remote thermometer

figgiefiggie Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know where I can get replacement probes for Maverick Ready Check thermometers?

Thanks in advance

figgie
·

Comments

• CPBCPB Posts: 133
    I have been looking for ages! Good luck. I will keep my eye on your post.
    ·
  • Try this link. Just fill in the blanks for parts you want to order.

http://www.maverickhousewares.com/new_probe_parts_pub_0001.pdf
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,874
    Maybe it would work but did you catch that is an unsecured website? No way am I entering my credit card number on that form!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Ever try right from the source? I remeber when I had to order ne wprobes I went right to the manufacturer. It's on the paperwork comes with the Redi-check.
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    I have ordered them direct from Maverick and it took six weeks to get them. You can get them from Freds and they will be there in a week. Maybe a little more expensive but get a some dizzy pig and some smoking woods and it well worth it. Its just going to burn out again.

I had three polders for years before the egg and never burnt out a probe on the weber kettle. Less than a year with the egg all three polders fried plus two sets of maverick probes. All fried doing chicken at 350. The platesetter must concentrate the heat. I have alomost given up on using remote probe. Bought one more , when it goes, I'll just use the thermopen
    ·