Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New kitchen

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,914
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are really pleased with the new kitchen.

DSC_0579.jpg
DSC_0582.jpg
DSC_0586.jpg
DSC_0584.jpg
DSC_0585.jpg
[IMG]DSC_0588.jpg

This is the future home of the outdoor egg station All patterned concrete. Don't want another fire.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Looks beautiful Steve. I know it was a hassle but when it's all done your gonna love it.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    wow,,,,,, nice.....
    what brand stove did you go with.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    WOW i am speechless............
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Very nice. Is that a mini two burner cooktop in the island?
    ·
  • Thanks Pat,

Listen, something doesn't look right with the mini hockey rink. You're in the business right? Can you tell what's wrong?. BTW just added the main picture to the post.

Steve

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0591.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Your new kitchen looks great Steve.I know you will really enjoy cooking in it.
    Larry
    ·
  • Rod,

No it's an induction cooktop. It is amazing. When I get settled I'll do a set of pics to show how fast it is.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I went with Wolf. I had the same size one before the fire but it was damaged. I went with the French cooktop rather than the grill and griddle this time. Who needs a grill.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Thanks Mike,

I added the main picture a minute ago.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,665
    Well the goal is too small and I see home ice advantage in the shallow end :laugh: :laugh: Just make sure when they measure for the new liner that they are accurate. Think there is about 80 different measurements for a freeform pool. If you need help or advice just let me know. The house looks great.
    ·
  • Pat,

Thanks. The original installers are putting it in and they had the original measurements and verified them.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Larry,

Thanks. It's feeling like the bad memories will fade and we will be really happy. We mad a lot of changes and they have worked out well.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Nice job on the kitchen, cant wait to see the new home for the Egg when it is done.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    are you saying that the whole flat area is a cooktop w/o burners?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Looks amazing Steve.I hope you get settled in and back to eggin soon ;)
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    That's a gorgeous kitchen. I'm bettin' some serious vittles will coming out of there! Glad you're back to getting some normalcy. It looks great! Looking forward to meeting in person in October!
    ·
  • that is beautiful i hope you are up and running soon.
    bill
    ·
  • Oh man, that's sweet, Steven. I wish we had been able to go gas on the cooktop, but it wasn't to be. Just beautiful...you're going to enjoy that.
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Steve it's so good to have you back. The kitchen looks great and the house too. Congratulations!!!
    ·
  • Very nice there my man.

GG
    ·
  • Absolutely beautiful,Hello Metropolitan Home Mag?
    ·
  • Very very nice kitchen,but why do you have a stove when you have an egg ;) :) ?
    ·
  • Steve,

What type cover do you have on the burners on your range. We have a Wolf 6 burner rangetop and the wife hates cleaning it. I checked into having some covers made but the metal guy wanted too much. But anyways not used half as much since we got the eggs.
    ·
  • AG,

THe cover is over the French top. My old one had the griddle and grill combo but I never used the grill and the griddle was always a mess and hard to clean. Don't have exhaust yet so I can't season the French top.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Mickey,

Yeah, its got one big burner in the middle and heavy carbon steel rings from the centre out. You can just slide a pot or pan around til you get the temp you want. I'll take a picture tonight and post it tomorrow. I can't use it yet because the exhaust is'nt in and you have to season it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Sparky,

Thanks buddy. I now feel your pain being internet (forum) deprived. Thursday they say. :angry:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Stunning. That could be my dream kitchen. :cheer:
    ·
  • Momcooks

Thank you. It cost us a dining room but we never used it anyway.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    man that looks good....

you don't do anything halfa$$ do you?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Terry,

Not at this point in life man.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·