Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Cook

Options
Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started with two chucks of brisket, each about three pounds or so. I seasoned with DP Cow Lick and Seasoned Pepper. Got the BGE going with Hickory Chucks and JD Smoking Chips. I put on at 11:00 am and it pulled it about 8:00. The plateau thing through me for a loop, because the temp stayed at 150 for about five hours. I waited it out, and pulled it at about 165. I was a little worried that it may not be cooked enought, but is seemed to be just about right. Foiled and into the cooler they went for about an hour. Sliced and Served. Given the length of the cook, I had a few too many Bud Lights during the day so I didn't get a lot of pictures:

Precook -

Raw.jpg

Sliced -

CookedandSliced.jpg

I have a ton of left overs, so does anyone have good ideas on reheating or reusing?

Thanks

Comments

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    If leftovers are going to be a standard practice, you might get a food saver. Just boil the bags to reheat. Amazing how well the method preserves the bbq flavor and moistness. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Looks Great.

Leftover Ideas:

Cut into smaller pices and use on a sandwhich, Philly style with grilled onions, & cheese whiz.

"Steak and Eggs"

"Beef Tips* & Rice" Dice and serve orver rice with brown gravy.

In Chili

In ABT's

There is always something to do with briskett.
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    I like to make brisket hash. Saute onions, green peppers and potatoes till they are carmelized. Add your cubed brisket and heat. Add some eggs on top and your good to go. Good luck, Tom BrisketHash2.jpg
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    I always wanted a food saver but wifey didn't want another device in our kitchen so I got a small handheld unit, I think made by one of the bag companies (Glad?).
    It serves me well and someday I will get a real one.

Walt
  • Egglicious
    Options
    I am only about 3.5 hrs away, why dont you just bring me the left overs and I will see if I cant fiqure out a way to heat them up. Looks great.

js