Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Walmart RO Lump on Clearance

KeithwwKeithww Posts: 62
edited 4:58PM in EggHead Forum
Just a quick heads up, Walmart had Royal Oak Lump, Made in America 10Lbs. bags on clearance for 3 dollars each. Don't bother looking at N. Central San Antonio Walnart, I cleaned them out.
·

Comments

• SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    good price but i get it year round here in Norcal.
    ·
  • KlagKlag Posts: 208
    Anyone know any Wal-Marts in Atlanta that carry Royal Oak? I've been using Weekend Warrior and I really like it - but it's just too expensive.

All 3 Wal-Marts near me dont carry it.
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    I think it's clearanced because it's DC'd. My local WalMart in Milwaukee, WI stopped carrying it. They're trying to say it's a seasonal item.
    ·
  • I cleaned out a second Wal-Mart store here in Charlotte yesterday. It's the second store where the manager has denied that they're going to discontinue it. Seems fishy to me. They're heavily stocked up with Kingsford Brickets. Oh well, I now have 12 bags stored up for winter...of Royal Oak, that is.
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,318
    I just bought 10 bags a week ago at $5.27 & I thought that was a good price :(
    ·
  • i bought 6 @ $5.27 . If they drop it to 3 here, I'll clean them out.
    ·
  • momcooksmomcooks Posts: 247
    There hasn't been any here for 2 months. I bought 16 bags in Utah last time I was there.
    ·
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    Don't know what part of town you're from, but the Windward Parkway Wal-Mart in Alpharetta carries it. Royal Oak's headquarters is down the road in Roswell.
    ·
  • My walmart has it for $5, that is a whole 88 cents off!
    Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering
    ·
  • KlagKlag Posts: 208
    Buxwheat wrote:
    Royal Oak's headquarters is down the road in Roswell.

Thanks, that's not far at all. Can I get it directly from the headquarters? :)
    ·
  • Seems like they use most of the charcoal space for Christmas wrapping paper. I started seeing it in Opelika, AL in early Ferruary.
    ·
  • Cumming usually carries it, but Buford doesn't
    ·