Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork butt

Options
joegriller
joegriller Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi to all , I'm new to this form and to grilling on the Egg. I need help with pork butt . How long should I cook a 7 pound butt on and what temp ? I also want to cook 3 small briskets 1 to 2 pounds a pice at the same time . Help with briskets time and temp would be great. Thanks

Comments

• civil eggineer
    Options
    Cook all of them indirect at 250 dome temp. The pork butt will take approximately 16 hours and the briskets I would guess around 10 to 12 hours. Use a drip pan and hopefully you have a remote thermometer to monitor the meat temperatures. Butts should be pulled around 195 degrees and I pull my briskets around 185 degrees. Wrap both in double foil and place in a cooler surrounded by newspapers for 2 hour to rest. They will remain hot. Good luck, you sound ambitious.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I just did two 7-pounders today and they took 16 hours at an average of 250*.

I'm the last person you want to ask about brisket.
  • joegriller
    Options
    Thanks for help.