Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To foil or not to foil

Firestarter21
Firestarter21 Posts: 309
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
That is the question....
So, this is my first but cook since I have owned my thermapen(thanks mollyshark!). In the past I haven't been spoiled enough to spot check my butt to check for done-ness throughout.
My guru and my cheapie remote thermometers are both reading 195 and 201 on two different butts. Both 8 #'s. I went to check temps with the thermapen and found some spots in the butt that were only about 182, others were reading into the 190's. My question is I have never foiled butt and left it on the egg. My bark looks good at this point and I don't think it will burn the outside. Is this a time that I should foil and leave on the egg for another 2 hrs or until temps are reading 195 throughout??? I had told neighbors we would eat at 2, but we can always call them over closer to noon...
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Comments