Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn in the husk on the BGE

belle's dad
belle's dad Posts: 146
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for some helpful hints in doing corn in the husk on the BGE. Never tried it before. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Gordon

Comments

• I clean mine and put on direct at 300 to 400 degrees turning about every 5 minutes. When you get a nice browning on the kernels they are done and delicious! Husks just delay the cooking and can add a bad flavour to the rest of the food.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Walk in the park cook there...

I live em...

I do soak for about 10 to 20 minutes and 'kind of' drain with the silk side down.

350° - 400°, normally on a raised grid direct. If indirect cook a bit longer.

I don't bother turning just let them be happy and cook. A stabilized egg cooks from the top and bottom as long as the food isn't close to the lump.

You will love this.

If you haven't done corn before cook the in the hust and 'bare naked' see what you like the best. If going 'bare naked' you will probably have to turn.

GG
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Just leave them in the husk and cook direct for about ten minutes per side.I have never really timed this but when the husk gets a dark brown color flip it over and cook till the other side is the same color. When you peel the husk back the silk will easily come off.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Here's a quickie for just the corn. full cook in a bit.

Peeled the husk and rubbed with butter then dusted with SV on the egg 350 indirect

101_2321.jpg

! 1/2 hrs and ready to come off & yes it's good. Post the whole cook in a bit

101_2323.jpg
  • LOL, are you confused yet? +1 for the husk on approach. As mentioned, silk comes right off with the husk. I go 400 and turn till brown all around....
  • i just soak them in salt water for about 30 min to an hour -- don't peel them back or anything. Have been told to use salt water in the past by my uncle who grew up on a farm in IN -- plenty of corn! -- to get rid of any bugs/worms that might be hiding in the husks.

throw them on the egg at about 400 and turn every once in a while till the husk is nice and browned --