Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Picnic for my draft

Nardi513Nardi513 Posts: 66
edited 11:54PM in EggHead Forum
Had a Fantasy Football Draft this afternoon and wanted to give the boys a taste of the egg. Had some rain issues in the overnight but a quick remedy came to mind:

IMG_3521.jpg

Did a 9 pound picnic for just over 16 hours before it hit 200, here is the picture just before I took it off:

IMG_3524.jpg

Krypto pleading for just a small bite!

IMG_3509.jpg

All at the draft loved the pulled pork and have already nominated me to bring it to our next get together.

Comments

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Looks like Krypto could eat the whole picnic in one big bite! What a pup. :cheer:

eenie meenie
  • GrillerGriller Posts: 88
    Way to distract the other FFL'ers with the excellent pulled pork. That had to have been an effective draft strategy. :silly:

What kind of rub did you use?
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Krypto is one beautiful dog. The cook looks good too.

Thanks for sharing.

GG
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    I don't think it was the pulled pork Krypto wanted to bite
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Can't go wrong with pulled pork as you proved gain! ;) If Krypto is like most Mastaffs he's waiting on his share and a nap! :laugh:
  • Nardi513Nardi513 Posts: 66
    Dizzy Coarse and after the pull put some regular grind in as well.

Wrong spot :pinch:
  • Nardi513Nardi513 Posts: 66
    Used mustard and DP coarse then after the pull put on some regular grind. Had some vinigar based BBQ sauce and the spicy BBQ sauce for everyone to choose from if they wanted.