Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING: Bente re: wings

Tractor
Tractor Posts: 288
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made those wings yesterday. The ones you credited TRex's dad with.

Is there a name for those? Are they what are known as Crispy Wings around here?

Those were by far the best wings I've ever made and possibly the best I've ever eaten as well!! I can hardly wait til this Saturday when I make an Egg-load of them at The Swamp for the UF/Miami game!!!

Comments

• Tractor
    THANKS! Bente referenced the recipe well, but I had not seen that link. Man, those wings are good!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    good to know you liked them.... there are several people around this board that like them.....

we will add your name to the list :)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Tractor
    Like'em??? I LOVVVVVEd'em!!

Have you made those Drunken Hot Wings by Qbabe? Those look pretty interesting...
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    no i have not tried them... i like wiseone's georgia red wings

05-03-08a001.jpg

Wings, Chicken, Georgia Red, Wise One

I think you'll like this, it's definitely one of the best I've ever tasted. It's not over-poweringly spicy but quite flavorful.

INGREDIENTS:
    3-4 lbs chicken wings
    3/4 cup soy sauce
    1 1/4 cups water
    1/2 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1/2 cup Hot and Spicy V8 juice

Procedure
    1 Cut the wings apart at the joints discarding (or saving for stock) the tips.
    2 Combine marinade ingredients in a large container with a lid. and place the wings in the container making sure they are all covered with marinade.
    3 It is best to let the wings marinate in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 2-4 hours).
    4 Remove the wings from the marinade and sprinkle with Big Green Egg Gourmet Seasoning (or your favorite rub for chicken).
    5 Grill indirect at about 350 deg. for 15 to 30 minutes on each side. If grilling direct, monitor carefully and turn every 10 minutes.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Poultry, Appetizer, Snack

Recipe Source
    Author: Wise One

Source: BGE Forum, Wise One

Personally, I like them very crispy (an hour) but some like them just barely browned (30-40 minutes).

This does enough wings to cover the grill of a large BGE with some sapce between the wings. You could probably double the recipe and get them all on, but you would be overlapping some.

give these a try ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb