Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ready to tailgate

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're ready to do some tailgating. Wings and stuffed fritos to start.

Transport Mode
IMG_1517800x600.jpg

Eggin Mode
IMG_1513800x600.jpg
Will put a rock and the feet under it before firing it up.

We're geauxing to tailgate our little selves over to Houston and visit our lads. No sense hanging around here for Gustav. Hope to have a dry house when we get home. The trip was planned anyways for labor day weekend - we'll just stay a little longer till we get the all clear.

Dropping off some speckled trout and who knows what else at "The Coop" on the way. Looking forward to meeting Spring Chicken, Spring Hen, and Rodney Dangerbird. :)

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Good luck Frank and Godspeed..hope all goes well.
  • Egglicious
    Egglicious Posts: 150
    Options
    Hope you have a great trip and weekend. I also wish you the best with the storm. I was just watching the Weather Channel and saw where the storm was tracking, so are you from New Orleans? Also who the heck are the Geaux Tigers?

js
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    You would think he's an LSU fan what with a purple and gold boat and purple and gold Egg transporter. I'm betting those speckled trout are even Purple and Gold LOL...

Fortunately, he will be among friends and fellow LSU fans.

Spring "Zereaux Juan Knobe" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Houma is about 60 miles southwest of New Orleans. It's early, but if the projected path holds true we will be on the dirty side of the storm. Dirty side translates to tornados and storm surge.

Geaux Tigers can only mean one thing. The defending BCS National Championship football tigers of LSU and the only two time BCS National Championship team. :woohoo:

Okay - I got a little carried away.
  • Chuck_K
    Chuck_K Posts: 47
    Options
    That's a nice port-a-nest! Colors are a bit gaudy for my taste but to each their own. :laugh:
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    They are a little tacky.

But with the Egg in it we are ready for Mardi Gras as well. :laugh:
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    Can't wait to visit Red Stick the last Saturday in October. Any chance I can visit you and your tailgate?
  • DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    LOL, LSU's not gonna be that good this year!!!! KNOW we're not gonna beat ya (MS. STATE fan here) but ya'll aren't looking to tough this year. I'm just glad we don;t start the season out AGAIN against you guys. Ya'll darn sure got our number. Heck you beat the pants off us when Dinardo was there
  • DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    LOL, LSU's not gonna be that good this year!!!! KNOW we're not gonna beat ya (MS. STATE fan here) but ya'll aren't looking to tough this year. I'm just glad we don;t start the season out AGAIN against you guys. Ya'll darn sure got our number. Heck you beat the pants off us when Dinardo was there