Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dealers

Options
tidewillroll
tidewillroll Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys...let me ask a question..my wife ordered a XL GE from a little shop here in town and it has come in today. Well the dealer said ya'll come buy and pick it up, its out back still in the box...but by the way bring plenty of help cause its heavy as hell and its still sitting out back where the truck driver unloaded it, Is this normal? My problem is that if it got cracked in shipping, I won't be able to determine until I get it home and uncrate it and at that point the dealer could just say we broke it unloading it at home. I always thought the purpose of The Big Green Egg Company only fooling with local dealers was that it ensured proper assembly and delivery.

Please advise
Pissed in Alabama

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    If the retailer that you purchased the Egg from is listed as a authorized dealer the home office would like to hear about this.
  • tidewillroll
    Options
    Yes they are Darnoc......I did'nt know. Thanks for the heads up and I assure you BGE Inc will...lol
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    It's easier to haul in a box, but all ours are sold ready to cook on. Tha x-l in another thang. I have to take it one piece at a time. It's 200 #. Miles out.
  • skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    My dealer insists on assembling it for the customer. They don't trust the customer to do it right and in my case that was probably a wise move. Of course, they are very service oriented. When my new gasket slid off they gave me detailed instructions on how to put on a new one and said if it didn't hold they would come to my house to install the next one - free of charge.

Chim-Chimney in League City, TX rocks!
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I have a XL and it's heavy.I would ask the dealer what he or she charges to deliver and set up and would gladly pay 50 or 75 dollars.
    Larry
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Be careful, these are heavy.

Our dealer sets up free, but there wasn't any dealin on the price.

If you end up taking it home after set up make sure you don't lift by the handle or hinge assemply. It is the quickest way in the world to get a mis-aligned dome or even the egg dome/base falling our of the bands. The bands/hinge is not designed to do any lifting.

GG
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Our dealer here in Gulfport, MS delivers and assembles them for free.
  • tidewillroll
    Options
    Hey guys, just back back from picking up this heavy son of a gun. Trying to cypher these directions. Got the lower band on but the rest looks like its going to be a royal pain. Paid $1000.00 for it...no accessories, no nest, no nothing....ought to come with a chinaman engineer to put it together and Emeril to cook on it.
  • Nardi513
    Nardi513 Posts: 66
    Options
    My dealer didn't deliever either. I got the large so it only took two people to load it and get it setup. It wasn't so bad but I would much rather they delivered to me.