Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

help with party menu

kenstl
kenstl Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone! I am fairly new to the egg world, bought a XL about 3 months ago. Thus far I have done a couple of pork buts, steaks, burgers, chicken etc.

We are having a party this weekend with 20-25 guests and I wouldd like to try a couple of different items as well. Any ideas?

I was thinking of doing some pulled pork for a main dish and trying some ABT's? and chicken wings for apps. I have not tried the ABT's yet but they sound good.

Anyone have any ideas of recipes that people would enjoy and make me look like I have a clue to cooking? :P Thanks in advance, this is a great site!

Comments

• Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    What Mike said, and...
    You've got to have some good cole slaw to go with the PP.
    ... a couple stuffed fatties
    ... stuffed mushroom caps
    ... grilled asparagus
    ... sweet potato fries
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    You're gonna have a great time cookin on the egg and impressing everyone.
    Well here is an idea thats easy; Stuffed Shroooms. Season and brown hamburger in butter or olive oil and very fine soda cracker crumbs on stove top then stuff shroooms with gills removed and cook up in the egg adding cheese the last 2 minutes. Hit'em with some Dizzy Pig or other favorite seasoning (look fancy but not much to it). One per plate makes a nice visual element next to main dish in addition to some ATB's.
    Have fun!
    Clay
    BGEstuffedmushrooms0001.jpg
    BGEstuffedmushrooms0004.jpg
  • kenstl
    Great suggestions everyone, thanks. I added wings to the menu, and I like the mushroom idea! I purcahed some andouille sausage for ABT's, maybe I will use in it mushrooms as well!

I ended up buing pork butts, baby back ribs, italian sausage, and wings. What rib recipe do you recom
    mend for a first timer with ribs?
  • captjo
    captjo Posts: 93
    Dr BBQ website has the best rib and rub recipe

Have fun!
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
  • kenstl
    Thanks Captjo. I had not see that site before. there was another recipe out there that had a lot of brown sugar and honey it that I am also trying to find. crossing my fingers that the ribs come out ok. thanks again!
  • looking for super big cocks