Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

**PING* BENTE How do you do it?

bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My question to you is this, you have a huge data base of info from past posting on the forum, how do you store the info. Do you store it in a file or do you have one of those memories? I am in my mid 50s and it is all I can do to remember what I cooked last weekend. lol
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    well the recepie part is easy i have the living cookbook

here is what the whiz says about it

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/cookbooks.htm

and as far as remembering past posts this egg thing is my only hobby so i read a bunch of the forum that i don't even reply to (although it does not seem that way).. and i have always been one of those people that think with my stomach so i guess that is why i remember... plus the search function works pretty good on here :whistle:

and the search function on all of my recepie sites works pretty good also...

it may also help i only work 4 days a week and it only recently increased to 4 from 3 :blush:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Great recipe organizer.

How to, Living Cookbook, #1, Richard Fl

1 I have been using Living Cookbook since 10/'04 and have been eggstremely happy with it. Currently have 5000+ BGE/BBQ related recipes that I will be happy to share. Here is a lnk to the Naked Wizard's $3 coupon. They are PC based and there is currently NOT a Mac version.
    2 http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lcookbook.htm
    3 Here is a link to a recipe software review I came across a few years ago.
    4 http://cookbook-recipe-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
    5 Here is a link to the Living Cookbook. They have a free demo that lets you play 25 times. Just do not close it each time and will work until you buy it.
    6 http://www.radiumforums.com/products.html
    7 In my opinion, $$$ well spent.
    8 Copy and paste recipes is a breeze. Contact me off-line if you have more questions.

Recipe Type
    Help

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2008/05/16
  • bubba tim
    when and if I even grow up, I want to be just like you. :cheer: Stolen Bubba-ism: If you can remember the 60s, you wern't really there... :whistle::whistle: Thanks, I use and know about whiz's site. TONS of info. But as the say down south, "boy, you aint normal"... You must have this search thing down pretty good and I guess I better learn how to use it. OT are you going to make it to Ocala in 09?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • bubba tim
    Thanks Richard, I think I can afford the 3 bucks. I have just been lazy about the download. What impressed me about BENTE is not the recipes it is all the other info he come up with.. :) I think I will go and do a download right now.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    The coupon is $3 off, regular price was around $28, however they have an '08 version that is just now hitting the street. My version is 1.5 NOV'04 and I probably will not upgrade until they get the bugs, if any, out. Been around new software too many years.
  • BENTE
    we may make it to ocala we are right between ocala and waldorf so the drive is about the same either way.. so it is a maybe

we will be in atlanta this year and i will be in agusta next year for the renewell of that one ;)

i don't remember the 60's mainly because i was born in 71 :huh:

yes the searches come second nature after you get use to using them... i am usually typing while i am waiting on the page to load :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    do you think they will charge current lc customers for the upgrade?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bubba tim
    no biggie, the code does not work for the 08 vesion, it is 34 and change. Small price to pay. They are charging to upgrade fyi
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    I'm curious of the comparison...I cut & paste into "Word" documents. Since getting the egg I have a main folder called BGE and as my saves accumulate, I create subfolders to categorize. Am I missing that much?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • bubba tim
    71, damn, I was in the Army on patrol with a loaded weapon. Thx, I feel old now. Time for ...
    P1250006.jpg :S :S :S
  • BENTE
    i was just getting ready to drink a gimlet

Beverage, Vodka, Gimlet

1 750ml vodka (i use orange flavored)
    6 oz rose's sweetened lime juice

1 pour 6 oz of vodka into another container
    2 replace the vodka with the lime juice
    3 place in the freezer overnight.. or at least until VERY cold
    4 pour into glass neat (without ice)
    5 serve and enjoy

Recipe Source
    Author: Stuart Woods

Source: Book "Shoot him if he runs"

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    no but you will run into the same problems i did.. i was getting disorganized with all i was trying to save.. richard turned me onto the living cookbook and sent me a couple recepies i now have 6000.. i have proabably added a thousand since i got it ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bubba tim
    I like the title...lol Well so far the download of the zip files has been a pain. Seems LCBook won't let you import in the trial version. I will wait for the mail for my registration codes....
  • That all sounds great
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • BENTE
    you will love it one of the recepies that i got in my free trial i have done on the egg a few times i really liked making it with some smoked chicken.. pulled pork was very good with it also i just added some bbq sauce

here is the one we really liked

Enchilada Casserole

A savory pan of cheese-rich Enchilada Casserole make for a delicious family dish on a busy weeknight. Toss a green salad together while this casserole is baking and serve with a bowl of fluffy rice.

1 lb lean ground beef
    1 (1 small) cup chopped peeled onion
    2 clove garlic, finely chopped
    2 (10-oz.) cans Ortega® Enchilada Sauce with Green Chiles & Onion
    1 (2 1/2-oz.) can sliced ripe olives, divided
    10 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut in half,divided
    2 (8-oz.) cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1 Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish.
    2 Combine beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
    3 Stir in enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes.
    4 Layer half of tortillas on bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with half of beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
    5 Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining olives and green onions.

Servings: 8
    Preparation time: 15 minutes
    Cooking time: 25 minutes

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: Nestlé

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• I leave out the lime. :laugh:

Either Absolut on the rocks or dry, dirty, and straight up :laugh:

Substitutions for Absolut - Kettle One, Grey Goose, or Stoli
  • BENTE
    i like the kettel...

way i got to drinking these i had a buddy of mine that drank key west martini's.. which is the same thing.. i later found out it was a gimlet with citris vodka.. he used to order them shaken.. i ran across the recepie in the book and tried it and found it to be really good give it a shot :)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Yummy Soup makes a great recipe organizer for Macs.