Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Pizza Yet - BAR NONE

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey All,[p]I made what I consider to be the BEST Pizza Yet, Bar NONE. I borrowed pretty heavily from a Southern Living Recipe, wish I could take more credit for the creation, but regardless, the results were AWESOME. I LOVE CA Pizza Kitchen pizza and this surpasses some of their creations IMHO. Thought I'd share it with you, if you like to try interesting pizza, this is for you. Let me know if you try it and what you think.[p]Troy
[ul][li]Sprinters Gourmet Veggie Pizza[/ul]

Comments

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    sprinter,
    Thanks for the recipe. I've printed it off and placed it in my "to try" file.

• sprinter
    Options
    bdavidson,[p]If you're like me, you'll have to get a bigger "to try" file, soooooooo much to cook, so little time. Hope you enjoy it, it was sure a treat last evening when I made it.[p]Troy
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    sprinter,
    My wife is more of a veggie pizza eater than am I, but I'll still try anything once! I agree. My to try file is quite large. I keep everything in a 3-ring binder according to the four major food groups: pork, beef, poultry and pizza.

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Options
    sprinter,
    Where's the beef ?

• sprinter
    Options
    Dave,[p]So where's the manual that says that pizza has to have some sort of beef on it? hehehe[p]In all seriousness though, the recipe I borrowed from did have canadian bacon in it, it would have been added with the ingredients just before cooking. So there, not Beef but Pork.[p]Troy
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    sprinter,[p]I tend to be more of a traditionalist when it comes to food but I do like to experiment with new ideas. California pizza is some of the weirdest concoctions known to man.[p]The recipe is printed and in the to cook file (do we all have one?). It is probably me, but I can't seem to locate the dough recipe. I'll use the canadian bacon.[p]Thanks,
    Spin

• Dave
    Options
    Spin,
    Canadian BACK bacon . I appreciate the acknowledgement of a Canadian being part of the group !!!! YAAAAAAA!!!!

• Dave
    Options

sprinter,
    Canadian BACK bacon , my friend ! Oh Canada ! Meatsa pizza !
    Careful , there's a Canadian in the group .

• sprinter
    Options
    Spin,[p]Nothing special about the dough, I just used my standard calzone/pizza dough recipe that I've posted to the recipe section. Your dough recipe would work just fine. The actual printed recipe I borrowed from used a pre-packaged pizza dough, homemade dough would me much better than that hands down.[p]Troy