Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

new table

opodopod Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_2290.jpg
just built my table from plans on naked whiz's site. went well. i'm not mechanically inclined but instructions were overall very good. Here's what I learned:
1. building the frame properly is THE KEY. all sides must be square and exactly match in height. if one side is off and you belt sand it, your planking will not match when you lay it.
2. initially make the legs a little long and of equal length. you can cut them down later to accommadate your wheels. equal lengths makes it level while you're working on it which is nice.
3. USE A COUNTER SINK. I did not and split several cut pieces of wood.
4. I put the whole thing together, labeled pieces, then took it apart and stained/varnished it. i then put stained/varnished pieces together again which went pretty well.
5. i followed directions but my smoker opening on top did not match the granite i have on the bottom. i had to adjust accordingly and fortunately had enough wiggle room in the top to properly align it.
kurt kowalski

Comments