Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Living cookbook software - question

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I dl'd the trial version and I'm curious about the import feature.

If I find a recipe posted here, can I 'import' it or do I have to type it in line by line?

I realize I can cut and paste it into the comments part and have it come out fine as a recipe. But if I want it to do the grocery shopping list thing, then it has to be in the special format and I'm wondering how the import feature (which isn't part of the trial version) works.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Hope this helps. I have never used the shopping list portion in 4 years 'cause to much to keep track of.

Go to the recipe you want to copy, many of mine are from sources other that the forum. Hold the left button down on the mouse and highlight the info. CTRL C" then go to LCB and go to top of page, action, new, recipe. when it opens go to right tab "CAPTURE" and "CTRL V". now everything should be there except pictures and you then highlight each section and go to the area you want it in on the right. not necessary at this point to "CTRL C/V"

Drop me an email if you need further help. Richard
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Sorry, missed the "import" question. That feature is used to import from another data base that in "FDX" format or a few other supported cookbook data bases.
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    Wow wow wow. I like this alot, yes I do!

Thanks for the help.
  • Ar-Cee
    Ar-Cee Posts: 105
    Options
    Now That is Cool.... thanks rc