Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NB-Piggy-back Brisket Results?

Options
BBQfan1
BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nature Boy, I've been waiting to hear how that brisket turned out with its bacon blanket. Keep logging on at work waiting for results (shows where my priorities are, eh?)
(I suppose you folks were waiting for one of us Canadians to come out with 'eh' sometime on this Forum :) Gotta support those stereotypes!)

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]Yeah NB, what gives? You get us all revved up with this hype about wrapping it in two layers of bacon and all that. I bet you didn't even COOK a brisket, huh? I know what happened here. You were all set to go on the hiking trip and had all of these plans and then your wife saw those clay baker dishes that you ordered about 3 weeks ago. She went ballistic, you tried to explain, now you're stuck at home for the weekend doing honey doos and the trip is history. Yeah, don't try to fool us with this double wrapped bacon brisket drivel. Tell us what really happened NB. hehehe[p]I could go on but I wont.[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    Turned out much better than expected. Pulled it off after 15 hours. Internal temp 190, and fork tender. Rested for 45 minutes, and cut it up into chunks. Ate one chunk for lunch, and it was tender, tasty, and moist (nearly juicy). Very happy with the results, and the bacon did not adversely affect the flavor. Worked in a pinch anyway, as I did not have beef fat, or suet as recommended by JJ.[p]I took 5 of the chunks, and individually vacuum-sealed them with barbecue sauce inside. (Didn't feel like freezing the sauce first so I dumped it over the chunk, and cut the bags long so the liquid didn't get sucked up.) Worked great![p]We'll see how they taste after being thawed and reheated in the mountains.[p]Thanks for asking.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    sprinter,
    Funny you say that, I just got the ceramic baking dish today! Looks pretty cool, and heavy duty too. [p]Funny story there. Fortunately you have it all wrong! Pretty much all packed up. Margarita is all mixed up in my 2 liter plastic bota, the El Tesoro Silver Tequila for shots is poured a separate container (of course we will enjoy it in moderation), finished and sealed meat is in the freezer.[p]Ready to relax. [p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p] What's the matter, couldn't spring for the El Tesoro anejo :-)? Come over to my place when you get back and we'll compare 'em, but please, don't use the word "shot"![p]MikeO
  • sprinter
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I'm SOOOOOOOOO jealous of this trip you're about to take. It would be awesome to get away for a weekend. Oh well, this weekend (actually Friday) is my birthday, 27 again, so I get to do what I want to this weekend. Brisket is planned but all be dipped in crap if I didn't fall into my back stairs last weekend and I think I BROKE my friggin hand. I'm talking to my doctor today to see if it actually need to see him or if I should go straight to the ER and get it set. I'll be glad to get it fixed if it IS broke but it torks me off that it happened and that it will potentially screw up my egging for the weekend. Send some of that Tequila my way, I may need it if they have to rebreak the hand to set it.[p]Sorry to be typing so slow lately, don't mean to make this so slow to read but the hand is somewhat painful.[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    sprinter,
    Ouch! that bites. Hope there is nothing broken. Careful with that tequila! You are too young to have both hands broken!![p]I'll hold up a toast against the beautiful scenery on Friday to salute your birthday. Have a great one.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • sprinter
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Mucho Appreciado NB, enjoy the trip. I've been holding at 27 now for several years, nothing special about it, just seemed like a good place to stop.[p]I'm not really a Tequila drinker, prefer beer and good Gin and good Vodka. I DO love a good margarita. HOWEVER, my WIFE is quite the tequila lover, one of the main reasons I married her (she does have other admirable qualities as well). Gotta love a woman who can drink Tequila all night long, kinda like bragging rights for a guy in college that his girlfriend can drink that stuff and actually like it. What a woman. She also bought my BGE for me, another reason I'm eternally grateful to her.[p]Have a great trip. Take some pics if you can, would love to see what you're seeing.[p]Troy
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    heeeeee!
    heeeeeeeeeeee!
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    U have to make that at Eggfest....even if u have every cop and firetruck following yo azzzz
    he,
    ST