Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Doing two pizzas at once

kilo
kilo Posts: 77
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did pizzas for the first time last night and they turned out great. The only problem is that with a family of 6 I need to do at least 2 at a time (otherwise there would be a war while waiting for the 2nd). I did two but had to put one on a smaller metal pizza pan on top of the plate setter and grid, then using the grill extender I did another on a pizza stone on top of the extender. The top one on the stone was great! The flavor was super, the crust was light and tasty, everything perfect. The lower one on the metal pan got a little chared on the crust but was still pretty good.[p]I want to make a way use the plate setter with a stone for one and then make a support system with legs resting on the fire ring to hold a second stone. Has anyone tried something like this? Thanks!!

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Kilo,[p]Preheat your inside oven to 200º and simply remove the pizzas from the egg and place in the oven directly on the rack to keep warm. This will allow you to do multiple pizzas and also allow the pizzas to rest so they can come together. If you want to keep the crust really crisp, get some unglazed quary tiles and line the racks in the oven. Just make sure the tiles are up to temp before placing the pizza on the tiles.[p]HTH!
    Ashley