Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Different kinda pizza....best one yet!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,
The last couple of pizza's I did on ol' Humpty were a bit heavy on the smoke (I think the cheese just soaks it up). So last weekend I did something different and it made the best pizza to date! It had just the right amnount of wood-fired flavor. I made a thin crust using Chicago-style assembly methods. Here are the ingredients, in-order of assembly:[p]Crust
Sliced (1/8" thick) mozzerella cheese covering the entire crust
Sauce over the cheese
Bacon pieces & sausage
'Shrooms & Green peppers
Fresh ground imported parmesan cheese on top.[p]The pizza looked great when it came out....kinda like an old-fashioned Italian tomato pie.
Jeff

Comments

• lo n' slo, I kept tinkering with my Super Deluxe pizza and have added three more in addition to the fresh Mozzarella. Those are some traditinal Feta and freshly grated Romano and sliced pieces of Munester! WOWEEEEE. I use no smoking chips but rather rely on the taste of hickory smoke from the cut up smoked bacon I do a couple pounds at a time. It stacks and freezes real well. ^oo^~

• kat,[p]The feta & muenster sound great! I'll have to try it. I used to use fresh grated Romano but I found I like the milder, almost sweet taste of the Parmesan better. I don't add chips or chunks to my pizza fire either. I like the flavor of the hardwood lump by itself. Thanks for the cheese ideas![p]Jeff
  • kat,
    try some goat cheese with marinated artichokes - YUMM