Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Tenderloin Ideas

MarkMark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mother in-law has graciously donated a beef tenderloin for her first green egg meal. I have bragged on the egg so now I have to back it up. I need help on recipes and times and temps. She goes for "natural flavors" versus heavily marinated or flavored meats.
·

Comments

• WardsterWardster Posts: 681
    Mark,
    I like this one, while it is a marinade, it does not over power the meat, and for the price that cut goes for, who would want to?
    1 (3 pound) beef tenderloin, cleaned
    4 ounces olive oil
    4 cloves minced garlic
    2 chopped shallots
    2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
    4 ounces balsamic vinegar2 fresh bay leaves[p]Place tenderloin in a non-reactive container. Whisk together olive oil, garlic, shallots, rosemary and vinegar. Pour marinade over tenderloin and place in refrigerator for 8 hours.

·
  • Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    Mark,
    Try the link below. It's all natural falor except for the stuffing.
    Good Luck,
    Big Daddy

[ul][li]Tenderloin[/ul]
    ·
  • HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    Wardster
    Several weeks ago I cooked Druink and Dirty Tenderloin using the recipe in the Smoke and Spice cookbook by Cheryl and Bill Jamison on page 112.
    It was fantastic, and definitely will do it again!
    Hammer

·