Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend's Coming-What Ya gona cook?

Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last Subday I posted and asked what you cooked, just to see the diversity. I thought it would be just as intresting to see what you plan to cook before the weekend starts. Me? Drunk and Dirty Tenderloin, and Drunk Chicken. I may just use the key ingredients and forget to cook!
Hammer

Comments

• Hammer,
    Pork-O-Bella Tenderloin.
    Turk-O-Swiss Turkey Breast.
    Pepper-O-Stuffed Beef Hamburgers.
    And of course Ice Cold Becks Beer.[p]Gary J

• bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Hammer,[p]venison loin & spareribs. can't wait!

• Ribs - sprayed with apple juice and Southern Comfort.[p]Chicken legs - sprayed with Southern Comfort[p]Pork loin roast - smoked for a couple of hours, sliced into "pork fingers" and finished on direct heat to crisp up the edges. Oh yeah, splashed with Southern Comfort.[p]Me - basted with Southern Comfort.[p]All finger foods for the football game on Sunday.[p]GO PATS!!!
  • dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Hammer,
    Fri. Steak with Dizzy Pigs Cow Lick Steak Rub. Buds before, during and after.[p]Sat. Two racks of baby backs soaked in Buttermilk and mustard the night before, no rub this time. Sam Adams Octoberfest before, during and after.[p]Sun. Thinking about a 3 or 4lb chicken on my new small with extra raised grid with Tansumi spin rub. Bottle of White Wine. Before , during and hopefully after.[p]Would also like to squeeze in those crab legs Chuck did. Maybe sat for lunch humm[p]Monday its back to eating healthy and walking 3 miles a day (Hey summers over, I need my figure back) In the meantime…beers to everyone[p]
    Dublin

• bigmikej,[p]Where do you get your venison? Are you a hunter or do you get it from a butcher? Custom order? I need some bad...[p]
  • Hammer,
    smoked albacore tuna

• Gordy
    Gordy Posts: 49
    Mike in New England,
    Sorry but you've got it wrong! GO PACK (LOL), see you at the Super Bowl

• Gordy,[p]Should be a shootout. Whoever has the ball last, wins!
  • DrEgg
    DrEgg Posts: 38
    Hammer,[p]Steak with Cow Lick rub tonight. Kegga-beer for the Ga - Tennessee game tomorrow (GO DAWGS!!).[p]Bought two pork tenderloins today, and will marinate all weekend according to W.J. Miller's Santa Fe recipe. Plan to cook it Sunday night. First try at it, it sounds interesting.[p]DrEgg
  • bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Animal Eater,[p]I am not a hunter, but I am fortunate to have friends that are. I this case, a friend killed a monster buck and brought over the tenderloin for me to cook on the BGE. This thing was bigger than a lot of BEEF tenderloins! I would guess 5-6 lbs! My Polder was acting up on me, so I went w/ my instincts and while it was a tad overdone for my tastes, everyone else seemed to really enjoy it. Good luck finding venison in your area. You might want to try a specialty meat distributor who works with higher end restaurants (i.e. Buckhead Beef). They may carry venison, but I imagine it will be expensive.[p]