Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Count Down To Eggtoberfest--6 Days

EarlEarl Posts: 468
edited 2:36AM in EggHead Forum
ribs1.JPG
<p />Well as i just mentioned to Chris ( Nature Boy ) we have a crew of 7 friends that get away to a camp each year & this year i bought a trailer to haul around my eggs & other goodies i need to take to the cooking comps. Well, just as well cause after all i cooked on the two eggs i brought, ribs, pork chops, beer butt chicken, pickerel. The swines, made me sleep in it with my sleeping bag,heater & mattress. All this cause i snore to load & they get the 3 bed room cottage.
I cooked 8 racks of baby backs with a mustard coating & a dry rub. Cooked on rib racks at 250F, one egg was direct & the other was direct but i used a grill extender to see if there would be a difference in cooking time. Beleive it or not, there was a 1/2 hr still needed on the raised ribs. Must have been due to some being closer to the heat.
Enjoy the picks with over 200 people coming to eggfest, these are only a start of whats to come.[p]Earl

·

Comments

• EarlEarl Posts: 468
    ribs-potatos.JPG
    <p />Earl,[p]The potatos were great & only had a small taste of smoke. They were on for almost 3 hrs cooing & what was left went for homefries ( Canadian word.LOL ) next morning.[p]Earl
    ·
  • EarlEarl Posts: 468
    rib-dinner.JPG
    <p />Earl,[p] This is part of my family, little did i know they would eat my ribs & then just like survivor they voted to have me sleep outside cause i snore I even had two operations to correct this but no good. ( feel sorry for me yet, well don't cause i took the leftover ribs out there with me.LOL[p]Earl
    ·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Earl,
    I only see one thing missing on that table....Wheres the baby beers.
    Larry

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Earl,[p]Do you know if there will be any extra pizza stones around? What I am cooking requires a pizza stone and I hate the thought of taking mine on the plane. Not only is it heavy, but I am absolutely sure to destroy it. It's just my way! I'm very destructive lately.[p]Thanks and looking forward to seeing EVERYONE there. I am even giving up participating in the basset hound shuffle for this event so you know how special you are.[p]mShark
    ·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    MollyShark,
    There will be a pizza stone available for you. I talked to the powers to be and made sure that you will have what you need.

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    JJ,[p]Why you sweet thing..I mean thang (20 years and I still don't have this Texas down yet. Chicago dies hard).[p]Today is some recipe perfecting and trials. Temperature dropped about 30 degrees, windy as hell, should be perfect for getting a high flame and torching the neighborhood! If you don't see me at the Fest, I'm the one with the singed edges.[p]mShark
    ·