Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good grief!

Options
DavidR
DavidR Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I guess ya'll can tell I haven't woken up, yet. ;)[p]I'm still needin the prime rib suggestion, if no one minds.

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    ribroast3.jpg
    <p />David:[p]Doing one this evening myself. I took a Jaccard tenderizer and pierced all surfaces about 1/2" deep. Onion powder, garlic powder, Obie's Steak Maker, and oregano were sprinkled all over coating the surface well. Then olive oil was drizzled all over the meat and it was refrigerated over night for cooking this evening.[p]It will be seared on all sides at about 500º dome then the temperature reduced for cooking at about 300º - It will actually take a while for the temperature to drop. I like my meat rare and it will be pulled at about 115º/118º. This is a three bone roast and the temperature will quickly rise another 10º while the meat rests for about ten minutes.[p]These roasts are just as good rubbed with salt and pepper and nothing else. It is the flavor of the meat you are going for.[p]The picture is of a previous cook.
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    DavidR,[p]Here is my post on a recent thread. The entire thread is very near the bottom of the Forum.[p]I like to sear on all sides first, then cook low and slow for a few hours.[p]Stogie[p]
    [ul][li]Rib Roast[/ul]
  • DavidR,
    It's prime rib! As long as you don't over cook it it's going to be great. [p]I suggest a simple coating of fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano), kosher salt and black pepper. Use indirect cooking method with a drip pan. Make a jus (deglaze pan with water or wine, add fresh herbs, season with kosher salt and pepper and reduce) from the drippings and pan-roast some root veggies in olive oil with fresh garlic herbs. [p]