Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cooking at Eggtoberfest

edited 11:02PM in EggHead Forum
I attended (ate at) the Eggtoberfest last year and had a great time. I thought that I would cook at this year's fest. [p]Any thoughts from the veterans of years past? [p]What should you bring with you to the cook (besides the MEAT)?
I appreciate your thoughts, helpful hints and experience![p]Kent

·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Kent,
    Depending on what you intend to cook. Spices, herbs, sharp knife, serving platter, spatula, large fork for retrieving meat from the egg. etc.

·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Tongs? [p]JJ, I wish that someone would bring me! JCA

·
  • J Appledog,[p]it's friday night and I just got paid.
    think I'll celebrate with a re-order of disappearing mustard and that cranberry royale stuff.[p]cb

·
  • JJ,
    I'm planning to do a turkey. Are plate setters, starters etc provided? Or just a BGE and charcoal?[p]How about some tips about handling the stress of preforming under championship conditions with the BEST in the WORLD cooking all around you?[p]Thanks!

·
  • EarlEarl Posts: 468
    Kent,[p] If i may give you one sugestion, it would be to teach everyone there, just how you cook your turkey, step by step. I will bet you a leg, you will feel right at home within mins.See you there.[p]Earl

·