Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza stone for my small egg???

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for a pizza stone to fit on my small egg. I found a couple on ebay that are 13", but thats the size of my grid. Will they work? Thanks for any input!![p]Dave

Comments

• dgoat,
    The BGEgg people have a 12 inch stone,howver you would need to contact for prices, don't understand why you can't order from the site. Understand I do not know that the 12inch one will work in a small egg, I have a medium and that is what I use...good luck in your search
    Below is how to contact BGEgg. Hope this helps..nde[p]3414 Clairmont Road
    Atlanta,GA 30319
    Local (404) 321-4658
    Fax: (404) 321-0330
    Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-6pm ET -- Sun 12pm-5pm ET

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    dgoat,
    Be careful when using a pizza stone that size, you might get a nasty flare-up when you open the lid. Another idea is a small fish grid or like it.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    dgoat,[p]The 12 inch BGE stone is top quality but still too large to be used on the small Egg grid. Not enough room around the edge for updraft.[p]smgrill.jpg[p]Build yourself an elevated grid using a replacement cooking grid for a Weber Smoky Joe mini kettle (Lowe's, Home Depot, etc) and (3) 1/4 X 3 1/2 inch bolts with washers and nuts as you see here.[p]img src="http://home.adelphia.net/~gajda/smgrill.jpg">[p]Now the 12 inch stone will provide enough breathing room for your small Egg and turn it into the perfect pizza machine. Raising the pie closer to the dome does a nice job of ensuring that the toppings are done at the same time as the crust.[p]Used without the pizza stone, the elevated grid makes the small Egg cook more like it's larger brothers.[p]bottle.gif

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
  • Thanks for the info!!
  • Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 75
    Options
    Strm2Smoke,
    I tried grilling pizza at 550 as recommended...isn't that too hot? What temperature do you use? My crust just burnt. Thanks

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Jeff,[p]What setup were you using like stone, plate setter, ect and how long did you preheat, did you allow the cooker to stabilize at that temp, what was the dough recipe, how much sugar, what kind of flour, how much water, ect..... All these things need to be considered to try to help you out.[p]Ashley