Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where you from and what do you do

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Next time you head back to Griffin, give me a heads up. I'm in Jackson and we'd love to have yall over for a meal if our schedules allow.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Very cool. Is there a site I can see more?
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    I am from Dayton, Ohio, having returned home after a 15 year sojourn in Denver, CO. I am a radiation oncologist in a large oncology practice in the Dayton area. I love my work and my patients. I couldn't think of doing anything else (unless I were a professional food critic). Every egger on this forum is quite interesting! It's nice to get to know everyone.

Rebecca
    eenie meenie
  • I guess we all know a little more about each other, now thats not a bad thing!
    My Best,
    Ross
  • opod
    opod Posts: 41
    originally from small-town iowa, now live in clarksville tn, us army active duty, orthopaedic surgeon. yes, been deployed. yes, saw a lot of bad stuff.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    We need to get together, I'm in Jupiter. Ilike to fish and have a 25' center console.
    Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I do not have a website, maybe sometime in the future.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    South Ark. Degree in animal Science and managed farrowing (making bacon) units for Tyson Food for 7 years. Got tired of the knife sticking rat race and now work in operations for chem. company dealing with high strengh acids and other nasty stuff! Feel so much safer :laugh: Small cattle operation on the side.
  • I am from and live in Lawton, Ok. My family was in the wholesale foodservice distribution business here since 1948. I closed our company down in 1992 (Got smashed by the big boys) and have been working in the Call Center industry ever since. I am presently handling several Credit card companies different services and am happily married to my beautiful bride. Between the two of us we have an even dozen kids. Thank goodness I have an XL and a LBGE.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Who is counting your days to your retirement?? :woohoo:
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Nashville Tn.
    I own a wine & spirits store.

Walt
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Wish I was going to the race- wife flew me from Nashville to the race 6 yrs. ago for 10th aviv.

Walt
  • I live in Northbrook, IL north of Chicago.

I'm a neuroradiologist, so I interpret brain and spine CT and MRI scans all day.
  • hmmmmmmm, I drink wine and spirits. We have Binny's and Sam's up here--giant stores. I'm a big bourbon/scotch fanatic, but I don't drink that much. Also got into wine, mostly California, last year after a trip to Napa/Sonoma.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Born and raised in Jacksonville NC. The son and grandson of Marines.

I found the BGE looking for a 'grill' like my dads. He never cooked low and slow on his though so I never thought of it as a smoker.

Now I live in Dayton Ohio. Moved here chasing after a girl, got married and stayed.

I'm a medical technologist by trade which means I work in the lab at a hospital and push buttons. Sometimes it is very busy and others we have too much time on our hands. During those times we find what trouble we can get into. Loyd another Egger here and I are good at trouble. We've got a current 'project' going that I'll tell you guys about sometime.

I'm also an associate pastor.

Being a history and military technology nut I love books. Between history, fiction, and theology books I could probably open my own used book store. My wife say's it is an illness.....she is probably right.
    To me books are like Egg stuff and lump charcoal.....you can't have too much.
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Hi. Born and bred here in the UK now in my 40s with wife, two young kids.
    Grew up on the south coast sailing, swimming and cooking over fire embers on the beach or in the forest. I spent holidays with relatives in Scotland doing much the same.
    I have some family in Massachusetts (Uncle and cousins) and will have to get there some day.
    I work as an accountant in a manufacturing company having got out of The City some time ago and I live in a rural part of the UK with access to great butchers. Ceramic cookers aren't commonplace in the UK so I have to explain to most people what it is and get teased about having a number of grills - I really must this them out now I'm settling on a Weber Kettle for fast and furious, my Med BGE for most things and my WSM for smoking trout/salmon. Hoping to try a pizza or two this weekend and keep thinking about making my own sausage but there's so much to do with kids!
    I never realised how much I loved lamb until I married someone who wasn't keen on it, I've been working on the children though and keeping the smell out of the house is a great excuse to cook it outside.
    Now - who could I give that gasser to......
  • Living in New Hampshire, working in Boston for a mid-sized investment firm. Work in the bond department assesing risk in our investment decisions. My wife works in Concord, Nh for a big brokerage group and our 2 kids are 5 & 7. 7 year old plays for a great hockey and soccer team and lives for his sposrts, daughter is a fashion diva.

She loves the green egg, but hates the way the pizza's taste....
    Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering
  • That sounds good heres my email dougmur@bellsouth.net
  • AL
    AL Posts: 81
    LIVE IN STUART, FLORIDA FOR THE LAST 13 YEARS OWN A MAJOR APPLIANCE-POWER TOOL REPAIR BUSSINESS/ ALSO A LOCAL FISHING GUIDE. FROM WEST BABYLON NY
  • I've been checking the forum for some time as I get ready to purchase my first BGE. Live in Grayson GA and work for WYAY True Oldies 106.7 Radio as part of the Spiff and Fred Show.
    Looking forward to getting started on the BGE and hopefully getting over to Tucker for some classes. Appreciate all the help via this forum.

Freddie Brooks
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Hi Al,
    Will you be going to the FL Egg Fest this year? KayNOcook and I will be there. We are still working on what we will be cooking this year. If I have some fish that might be the main dish. Hope to see there.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• 3rd generation Realtor/Developer/Broker of our family's real estate company (and part-time "panther") from Washington, IL. Have several good friends and my brother who are all active members here on the forum, and enjoy stopping by a couple times a day to see who's cooking up something good!

Homecoming Parade 2007
    IMG_0010-1.jpg
  • mattm
    mattm Posts: 56
    Born in Texas, went into the Marine Corps and lived in California and Japan for 4 years, back to TX...Plano TX just a part of Dallas really.

I am a CPA have a State and Local Tax Consulting Company.
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    This is a great thread! I was born and raised in NEPA, relocated to Annapolis, MD for 5 years, where I met my beautiful bride. Then we relocated again to Arizona, spending 5 years in Tucson while having 2 children. Just over a year ago, we relocated again (hopefully for the last time), to Omaha, NE.

I manage an Industrial Supply house, specializing in pipe, valves and fittings. It's a great business, and I'm planning on purchasing the business I'm managing in 5 years.

I've wanted to have an egg for more than 5 years, and finally realized my dream by getting a large and a medium this past spring. Needless to say, I absolutely love them. I work a lot, so I'm limited mostly to weekend cooking; what I lack in quantity, I make up for in quality!
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    I live in Pembroke PInes, FL , near Ft Lauderdale. I retired 4 years ago, having spent 43 years as a Physical Therapist.... 20 of those years in the USAF.
    I love this retirement thing... Plenty of time for golf and egging.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    I was born in Albany, Ga. My family moved to Reno, NV when I was 15. I graduated High school & college in Reno.

I moved my family, (wife Ginny of 35 years) and 2 kids, Tim & Trisha to Miami, Fl in 1983. Then to Boca Raton, Fl and then to Orlando, Fl...trying to stay one step ahead of the law :lol:

Hopefully, Ginny & I have settled in Lawrencweville, Ga. I work for a large southeastern (Sunny)bank as a project manager...and I am loving my eggs & the forum...

I also flyfish and golf when not Egging...
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Looks like I'm the closest to GG. I live in Wyoming, and am from ND. Have not decided which is worse. :laugh:
    15 years in Utah in the middle.

I'm a housewife. Kid is grown and in Kirkland Wa.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    would that be THE computer company in Round Rock?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    I was born and raised in Ozone Park,NY (New York City). My family moved out to Long Island When I was a teenager. I've lived in Deer Park, NY ( about 20 minutes from Retired Railroader)for the last 25 years. I manage the Engineering department for CNBC (Cable Financial News Channel).
  • Hey where is the florida eggfest? I have only been eggin for 6 months and I don't know the fests or where they are locally. help :blink: