Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Little neck clams on the Egg

Options
FlaPoolman
FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A dozen is an appetizer, a hundred is a meal. Nothing fancy just worked late and wanted something simple and easy so bought 100 little necks on the way home. Egg at 450, clams, in batches, on the tray and 1 stick of butter. Add a few cold ones and my heart doc is gonna hate me. Good news is I don't see him again until October, bad news is it's the week after Eggtoberfest :( :(.

100 in the bag
101_2236.jpg

first batch almost open
101_2239.jpg

just ate them as quick as I could take them off
101_2238.jpg

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    clams, butter and beer....perfect... well maybe some bacon too. B)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    man i have not even tried clams :( but it looks like i need to.....

BTW... thanks for the trip down memory lane...

my parents used to have that same design coffee cups it came in the set... i have seen it before with your pictures but forgot about the coffee cups until just now.. my parents and grand parents used to sit around and drink coffee out of those style (and proabably brand) cups... once again thanks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Pat
    It just can not get any better than that.....My Kingdom for a Horse?? rather My Kingdom for an Egg!!!!! with clams of course. Great idea. Would love to have those here.........Congratulations!!!!!!!!
  • guzzijason
    guzzijason Posts: 143
    Options
    Nice! Definitely one of my favorites as well. Charcoal makes for happy clams :laugh:

P7120001.JPG

__Jason
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. Someone has the plates and posted photos of a steak on it recently.

Man I miss my dad. :( He would have loved the EGG.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Don't have the coffee cups but have the plates, saucers and small cups. Guess I'm giving away my age :whistle:
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Think it was these Mike

101_2209.jpg

101_2212.jpg

Lost my Dad 12 years ago and think he would have loved the Egg To.
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Thank you Beli,, not bad for a quickie but I have to cut back on the butter.
  • BENTE
    Options
    i guess it was the small cups... i just thought they were coffee cups

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• FlaPoolman
    Options
    Your's look great to Jason. I started using pans because if took forever to burn the clam juice out of the lump.
  • BENTE
    Options
    glad to see you still pay some attention to your "other family"

any chance on you comming to the eggtoberfest...

if so we need top get together ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    I'm just waiting on the registration to start and my wife to tell me how many tickets to buy. Last year we stayed with friends in Suwanee. Plan on doing the same thing this year.
    Might bring my B&SIL and another BIL. The BIL I gave the mini to.

Good news. Wife gave the OK for a Med purchase at the fest, so I'm going home with more than I show up with.

Looking forward to seeing you and all the others as well.
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    That's the one I saw. Thanks for the memories. Parents are only understood once you become one.
  • guzzijason
    guzzijason Posts: 143
    Options
    FlaPoolman wrote:
    Your's look great to Jason. I started using pans because if took forever to burn the clam juice out of the lump.

Hmmm... interesting. I've not had a problem with clammy lump (yet), but I don't particularly like the briny residue that gets all over the cast iron grate. I'm worried that it might cause it to rust, but I do make sure to wipe it down with oil after the cook just to be safe. So far, no problems.

__Jason
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    DSCN2632.jpg
    Pat, I love Clams and Linguine.
    Ross
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    I do to but long day so it was just clams, butter and beer :ohmy: not even a salad :( . Are your's in a butter or wine sauce?
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Hey Pat nice looking clams.I bet Wendy was real happy with those clams.
  • BENTE
    Options
    bring some light i will bring a 6 of carolina blond http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/354/920

;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Never had clams like that but raw or grilled oysters, crackers, tobassaco and cold beer hard to beat! Wish I was there!!! ;)
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    Will do. Actually thought about bringing a few different ones.
  • BENTE
    Options
    i just have not been able to find much of intrest here looked for some abita but have not found any found some turbodog but i know there are more flavors down there :P that i can't get :( :angry:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    I remember seeing some sample 6 packs. Six different types. If I can find one I'll bring it for you.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Pat,
    Evoo Onion, Pancetta, Garlic, Clam juice, Clams, Parsley, Fresh Oregano and Basil
    Life is GOOD.
    Ross
  • Craig
    Craig Posts: 72
    Options
    Looks Great! I did about 100 for our 4th of July Picnic, but I steamed them in wine and onions, and I did them in a stock pot on the stove. I would rather do them on the EGG next year

You didn't add any liquid? About how long did each batch take?
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    a favorite cook of ours. i love butter, but it doesn't need it if you can manage to keep the broth in the clams.

good stuff

cherrystones.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    I am just loving that table,did you do that or had it done? Looks untouchable...
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Wow Ross. That looks and sounds delicious. We celebrated my hubby's birthday in Vegas last weekend and ate at a fabulous oyster bar in Harrah's. They had a pan roast of all kinds of seafood, including clams, mussels, mahi mahi, prawns and more that was fantastic. I just might have to swing by the fish market and do your recipe tomorrow night for him.