Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Ya cook?

Hammer
Hammer Posts: 1,001
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The weekends gone, so what did you cook? Always intresting to see what the diversity is on what you decided to cook!
Hammer

Comments

• Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Hammer,[p]I did some porkchops tonight. One of stores had 1" center cuts for $1.79 p/lb. I did brine them for 5 hours and used the Dizzy Oinker rub. As usual, they were great. After dinner, I left one out to snack on later tonight.
  • EdF
    EdF Posts: 42
    Hammer,[p]Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin. Just getting ready to eat it once the black beans are ready. [p]- Ed
  • Janet
    Janet Posts: 102
    Hammer,
    Chicken breast cubes marinated in lemon juice, garlic, and oregano. Then skewered with olive oil-soaked onions and yellow and orange sweet (really sweet) peppers. Egged and terrific.
    Janet[p]

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Hammer,
    I have a portion of a pork loin on right now, have a turkey breast brining in Brant's beer butt chicken brine,wings marinating in a hot marinade. Last night was corn on the cob and a frozen turkey pattie.[p]New Bob

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 189
    I put a butt on a large BGE at 11:00 this morning, it is 140 degrees right now. I think it will be coming off about 7:00 tommorrow morning before I go to work. I will wrap in foil and put it in a cooler and then pull it just in time for Monday Night Football.[p]
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Hammer,
    Weekends shore do work on the ol' waistline!!I did a cooking of boneless lean country ribs cut up into cubes and grilled with some veggies on a spike over a pan of apple juice and herbs.(who ever heard of boneless ribs!!) Then did a rack of SEVEN RIVERS jerky,then finished off yesterday cooking up 12# of TANGY WA WANGS ( modified wa wa wings) for a friends BIG GREEN EGG demo.day.They must be pretty lickable,cause we got 3 more buyers lined up! Can't beat good eats-) Bob

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Hammer,[p]Lasagna, yup lasagna from a recipe by Emeril posted on FoodTV network. Pasta, much like pizza, picks up great brick oven flavor when baked on the Egg.[p]K~G
  • dan
    dan Posts: 57
    Hammer,[p]I did a pan full of stuffed peppers. They were delicious![p]I also threw a couple stuffed jalapenos in there (cleaned out the seeds and stuffed with the same mixture as the stuffed peppers). They were VERY hot, but good. [p]Dan.
  • Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Hammer,
    Grilled zukes, onions, peppers, and shrimp with Oriental seasonings on Friday; butterflied chicken on Saturday. Couldn't be beat.

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Hammer,[p]Beef jerky Friday night - Turned out good, but still working on the right thickness and timing.[p]Sunday was Apple City ribs for a tailgate party - recipe from Smoke n Spice.[p]Next up: Smoked turkey on the BGE and Panko chicken with Wild Mushroom ragu in the kitchen. (an Emeril recipe).[p]-Tom
  • CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Hammer,
    Did Spare Ribs on Saturday. Sunday did a meatloaf using mesquite chips for flavoring. Came out terrific!

• Hammer,
    Friday night it was a bone-out leg-o-lamb with a mint/garlic/mustard paste. It was served with asparagus, saffron risotto and scratch biscuits. It was the third cooking session on my new egg and I'm still getting adjusted to the switch from my Weber. I accidentally reached 900F (the dome thermometer went all the way around and back to 150F) while I was waiting for the Egg to heat-soak. I cooled it off to a meager 600 before putting the lamb roast on the grill then I closed off the chimney and left the lower vent open about 1/3. The roast cooked to an internal temp of about 130 and everyone was happy.[p]

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Hammer, salmon soaked in bourbon with a ground mustard seed and black pepper crust. Twas good.

• BobbyG
    BobbyG Posts: 67
    Ed F,
    That pork Loin sounds great. Is that recipe out there somewhere ? Thanks....BobbbyG

• Freak,[p]Do you mind sharing your jerky experiences?
    Thickness, time, temperature, marinade, particular cut, etc...[p]Thanks

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    BobbyG, it is in the recipes section. Submitted by the late Bill Miller - the original BGE Webmaster.

[ul][li]Sante Fe Cured Pork Loin[/ul]
  • Animal Eater,
    LOOK UP STOGIE WHO IS ON THIS FORUM QUITE A BIT. HE IS "THE MAN" WHEN IT COMES TO MAKING JERKY.
    SETH

• bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Hammer,
    b/s chicken breast marinaded in mojo for three days..
    fajitas!
    delish!
    Happy Monday!
    BBQBeth[p]

• Qbabe cooked some killer good wings, I think using Ken Stone's Easy Life rub, and Buffalo Brand wing sauce. They were super, as were the ABT's that she threw on...for desert.
    [/b]
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Ed F,
    How about sharing the recipe for the Santa Fe cured loin? It sounds good, just by reading the name! I'm sure other members on the forum as well as I would like to know what you do!
    Thanks!
    Hammer

• EdF
    EdF Posts: 42
    Hammer,[p]Like the Wise One said earlier today, I can take no credit other than to use a recipe of one who has gone before (it came out great, by the way):[p]"BobbyG, it is in the recipes section. Submitted by the late Bill Miller - the original BGE Webmaster.[p]http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/pork/pork0089.htm "
  • Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Animal Eater,[p]I'll send what I have when I get home tonight. I agree with Seth comments. Tim M also has a website with some decent info too.[p]-Tom