Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

you forum people R awesome

Options
sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I"ve been observing this forum for a yr.now,while i"ve been looking at these eggs that i"ve never seen in my life.When i first saw them i thought they cost to much, and said they must be crazy,not out of my pocket they won"t.Started reading this forum and all the info."UNBELIEVABLE".

The more i read the more you guy"s@girls were convincing me to get one.Well,still don"t have one yet but i had to put a xl on layaway.But i"ve learned so much in this past yr. from you that when i finally get it home i will know alot already.BOY I CAN"T WAIT...it"s eating me up. I just registered today on the forum,It"ll make me feel closer to my egg.

I will have a lot of questions i"m sure,but i"ll try not to get on yall"s nerves :cheer: I"m still not decided though between the lg. or xl i like the room of the xl with 5kids @ wife @myself.but we"ll see.Thanks again 4 all the info.you people R awesome.

Comments

• Klag
    Klag Posts: 208
    Options
    sirlancealot wrote:
    but i"ll try not to get on yall"s nerves :cheer:

Just take lots of pictures of your food and everyone will love you :) People here will always be happy to help on cooking tips.
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    thanks i appreciate that.
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    Greetings and welcome to the jungle. whatever size you choose to get will be just the start of a lifelong obsession. they are like lays potatoe chips "betcha can't eat just one" you will be surprised how much food you can cook with a few eggcessores. i have 2 larges and a med and have gotten as much as 32 lbs of pork on the large with the multi level extended grills and could have probably fit a couple hot dogs in there still.
    once you start showing off what you can cook to family and friends don't be surprised when people just show up with lots of different things to see "how they come out on the egg"
    food has always been a great accumulator of friends and family but the egg takes it to the next level.
    all summed up, just follow my signature line and ENJOY!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
  • Klag
    Options
    Celtic Wolf wrote:

IMG_8055-033.jpg

Holy &#$@!!

That could be the poster for the large BGE!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    There were two more equally as filled. 18 total on three large eggs

Here is the reason why!!

Operation BBQ
  • Klag
    Options
    That is the coolest thing.

Awesome! And thanks!
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    i said i had to fit in a couple of hot dogs... looks like about 40-45 lbs in the pic ?
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    They averaged 7-8 pounds..

I could have squeezed a few hot dogs in there. After all I had to have space for the business end of the thermometer..

I would never recommend this size of cook without the aid of a BBQ Guru. All three eggs were fitted with DigiQ IIs. All three burned through the fuel fast.
  • Oledog
    Oledog Posts: 118
    Options
    As a former Marine thank you; what great photos and it looks like you guys and gals had a great time doing it.
    It looks like you had great weather as well!

Great Job!!
  • GatorEgg
    GatorEgg Posts: 36
    Options
    When you get it, it will become a way of life!
  • HorsieMom
    Options
    I have to agree with you, Sir. I am a career lurker, and since my LBGE purchase a few months ago, I have been here everyday. With all the great info I have gotten here, I have never had to open a cookbook. I have also avoided some minor problems with my BGE after reading some things that others have experienced and knowing what to look for in advance.
    I am married to a wonderful "workaholic" and we have a 20 year old son, and they have both gotten spoiled eating all the awesome food prepared on the egg. My son works till 7pm and when he comes in the door, he's always so excited when he smells the egg fired up and doing it's thing.
    Thanks to all of you for your great advice and the pics are worth a thousand words too!