Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk Ribeyes??

Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have seen a couple of different types of Jerk Ribeyes served over the years but never really got a good recipe. Was thinking about trying some this weekend. Anyone made a real good jerk ribeye and care to share the recipe?

Comments

• BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Sounds good. I may even try it ;)

1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
    4 green onion, coarsely chopped
    1/2 to 1 habanero or Scotch bonnet chile, coarsely chopped
    1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
    2 cloves garlic
    1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 cup canola oil
    2 (1-pound, 2-inch thick) boneless rib-eye steaks
    1 recipe Green Papaya Relish, recipe follows

Combine red and green onion, habanero, ginger, garlic, thyme, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and oil in a food processor and process to a thin paste.
    Heat the grill or grill pan to high.

Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling. Season rib-eye on both sides with salt and pepper. Rub both sides of each steak with the wet rub and place on the grill. Grill until golden brown and the rub has formed a crust, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip the steak over, reduce the heat to medium. Baste steaks with the rub and continue cooking to medium-rare doneness. Remove the steaks from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Top the slices with some of the relish.

Green Papaya Relish
    2 tablespoons honey
    2 limes, juiced
    2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
    2 teaspoons sugar
    2 green papayas, seeded and cubed
    1/2 large cucumber, cubed
    1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
    Chopped fresh mint leaves
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Stir together the honey, lime juice, vinegar and sugar until the sugar is dissolved in a medium bowl. Add the papaya, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro and mint and mix until combined, season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Thanks Bama...I think I had found that one on the net but flay uses sooooo dang many ingredients..will prolly try it though if I cant find anything simpler :P
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Personally never done a jerk ribeye...but all of the "jerk" I do, I use Mrs. Dogs jerk marinade...the stuff is as good as it gets.....that is..if you relly care what I have to say...either way I would expect it would be awesome...