Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Introduction

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Within 3 days of my arrival in NY I have experienced wonderful BBQ on coach Mangini's Big Green Egg. During our conversation about this dome-shaped ceramic this forum came up and was urged to give it a try.
So here I am. And already have a large/small duo en route to my home in Mississippi.
And about football; I will always have a special place in my heart for the GB Packers and fans. I have had the privilidge of email and phone conversations with forum member "SMOKIN' TODD", and feel very comfortable making new fans here in NY.
I can not make any guarantees, but I am here to help win games and hopefully giving my best will be enough.
Sincerely,
Brett Favre
QB- NY JETS.

Comments

• Shouldn't you be at practice?
  • AL
    AL Posts: 81
    Thanks for playing for the love of the game. May you always stay young at heart. Enjoy your eggs
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Nice to have you here and I'm sure we'll be able to field any questions you might have! Happy Eggin' & have a great season! 8 - )
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Still enjoy watching you play, and look forward to seeing you play again this season. Glad that you enjoy food off the BGE. You can stop by anytime you're in TX.

You know, Coach Mangini was a regular poster here last season...:)
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Welcome to the forum.
    The Large - Small is a great combination, you did good.
    Jets fans are fantastic. They offer a huge dose of enthusiasm without all the obnoxious snobbery of your rival to the north. They are almost as good as Huskers fans!
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    BRETT!!!!!!!!!
    hows it going?!
    Told ya people will be supportive here! Great bunch of folks and will help ya in anyway. Your agent keeps answering your cell phone and not sure if your getting my messages but there is one ingredient you need to add for tonight's cook. Buzz me before you get it out of the fridge.
    Later,
    ST
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    good luck with the jets this year dude.

i actually went to southern the same time you played there and shot a game of pool against you at sharkey's one night (you were playing with dallas dale, if i remember correctly) and i ran into you again just prior to your signing with green bay (orangatang's or whatever it was called back then)....

much respect for your drive and determination.

peace
  • emt_24
    emt_24 Posts: 94
    Word of caution: Don't let your soon to be found love for the egg interfere with football! It will be tempting! :laugh:
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Great to have you on our Egg Team. Even though I'm a Dolphin fan, I have really enjoyed watching you play throughout your career. Good luck with the Jets (except for dolphin sundays) and enjoy your new eggs.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Well, it sure is a shame you have a game to play on Sunday, October 19th, and can't make it to the Atlanta Eggtoberfest on the 18th to really experience owning a Big Green Egg. It comes with a wonderful extended family. Since you are now an "Egghead" - if you happen to find yourself in Houston, Texas on October 4th you are invited to the Coop Party where you can sample BGE cooking by some of the greatest....Chubby, TJV, Molly Shark, Lawn Ranger, Beanie-Bean (just to name a few) and of course Spring Chicken will be heading up the margarita machine. It should be a lot of fun.
    Best of luck to you this season. Your new "family" will be pulling for you.
    Spring Hen
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    FlaMike wrote:
    Great to have you on our Egg Team. Even though I'm a Dolphin fan, I have really enjoyed watching you play throughout your career. Good luck with the Jets (except for dolphin sundays) and enjoy your new eggs.

you guys sure suffered last year. my bro in law is a HUGE dolphin fan and he was miserable the whole season.

how are you guys looking this year? i was listening to mike and mike this morning and the projection was like five wins.
  • Brett-
    Wow, I thought I was the only NFL quarterback with spare time to surf the net and post random messages during the first week of the pre-season!

Beardown!

Rex Grossman
    Chicago Bears
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Hey, we'll take five! The addition of Chad Pennington looks pretty good. The reports from training camp are praising his timing and accuracy after only 2 days in camp. The OL should be better. We'll see.
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    One of my favorite pics of you:

4231-Rex_raped.jpg
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Wait...are those Episcopal bishops?
  • ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    I have a stupid Question....why is Brett's name and Rex's name in Black and everyone else is Green. Excuse me if this has been asked in the past.

Rick
  • Brett,

Welcome to the BGE club! Like so many others have said, I have enjoyed watching you throughout your career, or at least most of it!

I was a student at FSU when they played Southern Mississippi in Jacksonville. It was VERY hot in the stands, and you treated FSU to an unexpected loss!

We went on to have a great season, but your victory denied us a chance to play for a National Championship.

Great game for you and Southern Miss, but a bad day to be a 'Nole!

Enjoy your eggs and good luck in New York.