Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable rigs?

Options
ric3677
ric3677 Posts: 278
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, here's a can of worms for you. Which one is the way to go...or do I need to get one of each. Please tell me why it's your choice. Thanks in advance.

Rick

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have the adjustable and it is great

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Rick:

I have one of each, but then I have two large Eggs. :laugh:

All kidding aside, I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but the adjustable rig has a bit more flexibility in uses than the WooRing. Basically try to figure out what types of cooks you will do most often.

Hope that helps more than confuses.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Posted below. I under bought with just the spider and rig but the 14" drip pan worked out great. Next order will be the same but with the slider setup. The setup works great but now I want it for both eggs and the slider for at least one. Don't skip the 14" pan as it will save your pizza stones and fits perfect on the spider.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I'll second what Pat said. I bought my AR without the 14" drip pan and it was a mistake. I do like the AR, though, for a host of reasons.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Rick,

Are you asking adjustable rig or woo?

If so, I had the same question. I talked with Tom.

He suggested the ajdustable righ and the spider, I followed that advice. Great advice, great decision to buy and I would do it again if I had to.

Kent
  • WADoug
    WADoug Posts: 191
    Options
    Adjustable rig was sold out when I wanted to order. I would have bought the Rig, but, I bought the Woo2 under the circumstances. No regrets. It works great for me. It's a great product and company. I can't speak more highly of their products and service. If you are looking at a spider, look closely at the choices, there's one for 2008 eggs and one for pre 2008. I'm still looking longingly at the rig, it may be in my future. There's lots of combinations with the Woo, more with the Rig.
  • Ar-Cee
    Ar-Cee Posts: 105
    Options
    I think both the Woo and AR are great products. I went with the AR. Spider with stone has now completely replaced my use of the Placesetter for indirect cooking on meats (placesetter is still my choice for baking, pizzas etc). Two racks of meat and a potato/veggie pan all at the same time. I heat the egg and spider stone with the AR on my worktable. I build my cook onto the AR, then when the egg is ready, lift the ar with everything in place and set it onto the fire ring. Any serious adjustments or rack changing I do by just pulling the AR and onto the worktable, Adjust racks, change foods, work the fire if needed, then drop my cook (the AR with everything in place) back onto the fire ring. Never need to worry about a big "open dome" time. With extra oval racks, I can pop out the AR, slide out the ABTS, slide in the ribs, drop the entire cook back onto the fire. I love this thing. Everything well made, well thought out, and flexible. Just my two cents... rc
  • Louisiana Redneck
    Options
    Good morning,

I purchased the adjustable rig with the spider about 3 months ago. Since, I have made things a lot simplier. I can cook vegetables with the main course at the same time. I also have such flexiblity with the distance from the fire. I went cheap and removed the legs from my plate setter for a stone to deflect heat. I love my new setup and do not have one regret.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    I love my adjustable rig!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I've got the Adjustable Rig for the LBGE, and the Woo2 for the SBGE. Both are essential pieces of equipment, in my opinion. Eggaccessories was running a special where you get the AR, oval grid, and spider for a nice package price. The spider is also a very nice piece of gear to have during cooks.

Feel free to email me if you have some specific questions, I'd be happy to discuss them with you if it will help you make a better decision.
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    I also love my AR. I'm thinking I need the sliding thing for the top also for pizzas. I bought a spider, but haven't used it yet, maybe I should have went for the drip tray also.

I bought an extra set of rods, and grate. If I'm doing small things I use both, always set up the rods tho so I can lower the 'shelf' for browning if I need to.
  • ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    Options
    I just got off the phone with Tom. He was very helpful, except the part about when the adjustable would be in stock. Sorry Tom, I couldn't resist. :)
    I am still torn between the woo2 and waiting. I just hate waiting. LOL

Thanks to all of u for the advice.

Rick
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    You could get that to hold you over. :laugh:
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    I got the sliders, but not for pizza, i use mine mostly for ribs, (2 levels) so I can slide one out, spritz, and not have to keep the lid open too long. Works great.