Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WAY OFF TOPIC LCD TV WARRANTY

Options
Square Wheels
Square Wheels Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We bought a very nice TV this past April. 52 inch Mitsubishi LCD HDTV, etc... It has been great so far, until this weekend. Out of nowhere, some small areas started to black out. HHGREG says shove it you know where, will not help. MItsubishi is starting the run around with me, so I feel like it is time to bring out the big guns. Has anybody experienced this, and were you able to get any satisfaction? Any info would be much appreciated. TV has 1 year manufactures warranty, but it seems like they are not real excited to work with us. :(
Seth

Comments

• johnvb
    johnvb Posts: 46
    Options
    Post your problem on this forum, there's probably a Mitz owners thread somewhere there:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=166
  • McPhreak
    McPhreak Posts: 42
    Options
    If you paid w/ a credit card, you should be able to do a charge back if Mitsu won't help you out.
  • Square Wheels
    Options
    IT WAS PAID WITH A CREDIT CARD! ANY IDEA HOW LONG THAT IS GOOD?
    THANKS.
    SETH
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    um, crazy idea here... maybe check with your credit card company?

c'mon, dude. three posts to the forum and two are with regard to your television set. :unsure:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Square Wheels
    Options
    Hey, thanks for keeping track of that.
    Seth
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    i had the exact same problem so i sold the TV for $200 and bought a mini. problem solved.........
  • stike
    Options
    welcome aboard.

let us know if you have any questions about the egg in addition to television warranties and credit card benefits.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i believe seth is crab legs whos been around for i dont know, back into the 90's. could be wrong, didnt crablegs have a different handle back then
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    Options
    i dunno, man. i don't mind OT posts, i just don't understand the logic of "i'll lurk for a few years, but if i have any appliance problems i'll jump in and post"

imagine me lurking for weeks on the iPhone and Mac forums then deciding to post: "hey guys, you all here are obviously very intelligent about the iPhone, and i have been actively lurking here reading about all the wonderful mac products, and you are all helpful. so here goes. i am thinking you might be able to help me light my fire for an overnight pork butt cook on my BGE. any ideas?"
  • Square Wheels
    Options
    Fishless, you are correct. I have been around since I bought my first egg in 1998. Had to dump Crab leg cause I simply could not make it work with the transition. Stike does not bother me, but thank you for jumping out there for me. I will gladly add to the cooking part of this board when I have something to add. One of the reasons I am still here, as I mentioned last week, is because of the communities incredible wealth of knowledge about almost everything. Stike has made many contributions to this board, and his name is one that I almost always read, so his comments didn't come as a surprise, nor did they bother me. I hope I have not upset the egg cart here.
    Seth
    Crab leg back in the day.