Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket flat question

csrcsr Posts: 27
edited 3:54PM in EggHead Forum
I've had two 2 1/4 lb brisket flat's on at 225 for over four hours, inderect heat with the plate setter, and the internal temp is only about 145. Shouldn't it be hotter than that by now?

What am I doing wrong/right? Is it my thermometer giving me false readings?

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I never tried any that small.
  • Man, those are really small. Probably should have added bacon on them to keep from drying out.

You probably hit a plateau.
  • csrcsr Posts: 27
    The plateau is what I'm thinking.

They still look good on the outside as I mopped them every hour.

I'll let y'll know if they are good or suck.
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,766
    flats are tough to do well all the time...they can dry out if you don't watch out. The mopping will help.
  • csrcsr Posts: 27
    The brisket sucked. Not the flavor/taste, just the tenderness. My worst outing yet on the Egg.

Live and learn. The brisket is a beast to tame, and I hope to do better the next time.

Thanks for all of the advice.

CSR