Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My mini modifications

Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mornin,

The modification setup for my mini is based on three needs; Indirect cooking, low-n-slow cooking and fire control.
Fire control include a greater load of lump, greater distance from the fire to the food and better air flow to feed the fire especially for extended cooks at 250-300 degrees dome.

Breakdown of parts;
Pizza stone modified to a plate setter. Second fire ring inverted and cut to fit over plate setter. Raised grid and raised grate.
BGEminisetup0009.jpg
More air around the sides of the grate, better fire.
BGEminisetup0008.jpg
Second fire ring I call the grid ring. Protects the gasket, allows greater load of lump, gets the food higher in the dome and above the fire.
BGEminisetup0004.jpg
Plate setter does a nice job for indirect cooking. Some material other than ceramic would work such as cast iron or stainless steel. Lots of work involved when cutting down a pizza stone so this ones gotta last me.
BGEminisetup0005.jpg
It all comes together for indirect cooking the same as my large egg. I move out parts for whatever type of cook I wish to do. Maxing out the Mini.
Clay
BGEminisetup0012.jpg
BGEminisetup0012.jpg
BGEminisetup0013.jpg
BGEminisetup0001.jpg

Comments