Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef - Cow Lick Style

QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried my hand at a pulled beef on Sunday, and for good measure, threw on a butt roast too! Why not, with the cooker all fired up already![p]Followed GFW's method but used Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Rub...spiced it up on Friday, then vaccuum sealed it with my foodsaver and put back in the fridge. For the 4 lb roast, I estimated it would be done in about 8 hours, using the 2 hrs/lb to reach internal of 200°. Got the dome temp stabalized at about 250°, put the roasts on at 6 am Sunday and kicked back to watch. As it turned out, the chuck roast was done by 1pm, so I pulled it off and wrapped up in foil, added a little beef broth to it and put it into a cooler wrapped in some towels 'til hubby got home and then around 3pm pulled it and had a snack. WOW! The Cow Lick Rub gave it an awesome flavor....really GOOD! Only complaint I had was that it was a little drier than I would have liked...don't know if that was because it "rested" in the cooler so long before I pulled it, or if I should have wrapped it in foil for part of the cook.....[p]The pulled pork turned out spectacular as well, tho' the 6.5 lb roast took about 13 hrs (but was expected)...used Elder Ward's recipe and I think it turned out even better than the last one I did.[p]Used some hickory and cherry wood for the smoking. Been having some really good lunches this week! [p]Too bad my pictures were out of focus, or I'd be able to share with y'all...'course maybe it was the consumption of Shiraz that contributed, but I'm not admitting to anything....heee!

Comments