Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks fishlessman!

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Saw your post about low and slow on some chicken wings. Since the much better half is away this weekend (and she doesn't care for wings) I decided to give it a try. Picked up a package of 16 wings from Sweetbay this afternoon and put them in a brine for about an hour. Then on to the egg -- like fishlessman says, small amount of lump and as high in the dome as you can, maintained dome temp between 250 to 270.
P8080002.jpg

I did flip them to skin side down after an hour and then back to skin side up after another 45 minutes. Also at the 90 minute point I put a couple of ears of corn on guessing it would take about 45 minutes to roast them at the 250 dome temp.
P8080003.jpg

Here is a closeup of the wings at the same 90 minute point.
P8080004.jpg

After a total of about 2 hours, 15 minutes everything came off. I did check some of them with the Thermapen and all were at least 195 internal with a high of 203, but still so moist.
P8080007.jpg

And a closeup...
P8080008.jpg

The great part about eating them is that I used 4 different rubs and didn't pay attention to which were which after I put them on so that I got a different taste with each one I ate. The meat was very moist and the skin crisp -- thanks again fishlessman!!! :silly:

Definitely recommend trying this method!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments