Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Thanks fishlessman!

SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,011
edited 9:44AM in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Saw your post about low and slow on some chicken wings. Since the much better half is away this weekend (and she doesn't care for wings) I decided to give it a try. Picked up a package of 16 wings from Sweetbay this afternoon and put them in a brine for about an hour. Then on to the egg -- like fishlessman says, small amount of lump and as high in the dome as you can, maintained dome temp between 250 to 270.

I did flip them to skin side down after an hour and then back to skin side up after another 45 minutes. Also at the 90 minute point I put a couple of ears of corn on guessing it would take about 45 minutes to roast them at the 250 dome temp.

Here is a closeup of the wings at the same 90 minute point.

After a total of about 2 hours, 15 minutes everything came off. I did check some of them with the Thermapen and all were at least 195 internal with a high of 203, but still so moist.

And a closeup...

The great part about eating them is that I used 4 different rubs and didn't pay attention to which were which after I put them on so that I got a different taste with each one I ate. The meat was very moist and the skin crisp -- thanks again fishlessman!!! :silly:

Definitely recommend trying this method!

Have a GREAT day!

Brandon, FL

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Great pics Jay! -RP
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    You're not helping my addiction by posting a new method and great pics. My doctor is gonna kill me, if my cholesterol don't first. :ohmy:
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,171
    Those do look nice.

Very good photos Jay.
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Same here. I love wings wife doesn't so I haven't egged any yet. Those look good. I am on the low dose of pravachol so I can double up when I cook those.
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Those look really good! Did you use any wood?
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,011
    Morning Austin Smoker:

One chunk of Guava.

Have a GREAT day!

Brandon, FL