Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thanks fishlessman!

SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,972
edited 2:24PM in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Saw your post about low and slow on some chicken wings. Since the much better half is away this weekend (and she doesn't care for wings) I decided to give it a try. Picked up a package of 16 wings from Sweetbay this afternoon and put them in a brine for about an hour. Then on to the egg -- like fishlessman says, small amount of lump and as high in the dome as you can, maintained dome temp between 250 to 270.
P8080002.jpg

I did flip them to skin side down after an hour and then back to skin side up after another 45 minutes. Also at the 90 minute point I put a couple of ears of corn on guessing it would take about 45 minutes to roast them at the 250 dome temp.
P8080003.jpg

Here is a closeup of the wings at the same 90 minute point.
P8080004.jpg

After a total of about 2 hours, 15 minutes everything came off. I did check some of them with the Thermapen and all were at least 195 internal with a high of 203, but still so moist.
P8080007.jpg

And a closeup...
P8080008.jpg

The great part about eating them is that I used 4 different rubs and didn't pay attention to which were which after I put them on so that I got a different taste with each one I ate. The meat was very moist and the skin crisp -- thanks again fishlessman!!! :silly:

Definitely recommend trying this method!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Great pics Jay! -RP
    ·
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    You're not helping my addiction by posting a new method and great pics. My doctor is gonna kill me, if my cholesterol don't first. :ohmy:
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Those do look nice.

Very good photos Jay.
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Same here. I love wings wife doesn't so I haven't egged any yet. Those look good. I am on the low dose of pravachol so I can double up when I cook those.
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Those look really good! Did you use any wood?
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,972
    Morning Austin Smoker:

One chunk of Guava.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·