Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WHoa!!!! Favre

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Whao!
I never said the JETS will win the SB- or even the playoffs. And i did not say "best OL in NFL- but ONE of the best"
It's just very exciting to see him come here.
I am reasonable, and can see from all directions. YES, it does show they are looking to WIN NOW, but on the other hand they will be playing in a new stadium in 2 yrs and need money from a down economy- so yes this is a marketing scheme as well.
I mean come on now! How would u feel? Going into the season with Kellen CLemens or Brett Favre???? Just let us JETS fans enjoy this:)

Comments

• Not to rain on your parade, because I don't follow them too closely, but how is the o line? If that isn't strong doesn't matter who is behind it. ;)
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    He just admitted he is out of shape on the air. That sly gambler from Denton, mentioned he had to have a trainer last year. Where does he get his info? :woohoo: Upgrade from Pennington, well yes. For about 1 year tops.
    I'm going to take it out on you personally if Herm signs Chad. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mike
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Word is Pennington will be a Vike or a Fin. Jets have released him.

I sure hope he doesn't end up another Elvis Grbac....
  • Car Wash Mike
    You mean Elvis "I can't throw it and catch it too" Grbac? LOL
    Let me know what games you are going to. I might have you comped on some of them.

Mike
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    The only one for sure I know I want to go to is the Donkeys.

I was going to do the Bills game since one of my buddies is from Buffalo, but that is the Sunday before Thanksgiving and I think travel will be nuts that weekend.
  • Smokin' Todd
    ummmm the O-line u ask?
    Well let's see....
    #4 overall pick in NFL in '06 D'Brickashaw Ferguson at left tackle...pro bowler Alan Faneca from the Steelers signed(highest paid OL in NFL) at left guard)...and not exactly sure how OL are measured but Nick Mangold at center has been tabbed "perfect" in performance 1st 2 yrs in the position.
    That's a pretty strong blind side if ya ask me.
  • The 6yr old girl down the street can toss a ball further than Pennington. We already have one worthless CP we don't need another.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I dont blame you for being excited. I was secretely fantasizing that he might come to Atlanta to play a year or two and mentor our new young Gun.
  • I was wondering why he would sign with them. :)

Then I guess they will challenge the Giants for best team in the NY area. I actually followed them somewhat when Parcels was there, but now I'm at the level of I'll root for them during the second game of the day but don't bother following them any more than that.

Good luck, hope Farve helps ya.
  • Smokin' Todd
    And that's another reason for me to be exited- mentor!!!
    JETS drafted Eric Ainge-6'5" from TENN in 5th round.
    And envy a big QB as Im tired of these smaller dudes JETS have been getting latley.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Wow, I didnt know that. I think Ainge will make an excellent pro QB. And having Favre there to set an example could be a very good thing.

Todd, I will give you Joey Harrington & Chris Redmond for Pennington..........
  • Car Wash Mike
    LOL. But Herm still keeps saying Brodie reminds me of Chad. :( :( :(

Mike
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    sly gambler, you buttering me up for something.......
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Todd,
    Enjoy until November 23rd. Just got my Titans parking passes! I will have small in my truck. Come on down and we can eat, just taking a short break for a game
    Good luck! I can't wait.

Walt
  • Car Wash Mike
    Glad you admitted to it. :woohoo: :ohmy: :laugh:

Mike
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Congrats on the Brett Favre sweepstakes! You guys still have a pretty tough division, though. Except for Buffalo...:) Brett should have a familiar target in Bubba Franks, and you guys also have the RB from Chicago, Jones. I was eating lunch today, and the news kept showing the chanting fireman guy you have. A real, true fan!
  • Who wouldn't be excited about getting Brett Farve?!?! He is amazing and brings so much energy to the field! Yes, he is older and maybe not quite as good as he once was, but he plays with the enthusiam of a teenager. I will miss him in Green & Gold. Enjoy the moment and Good Luck this season!