Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It's raining??

madmikemadmike Posts: 103
edited 3:43PM in EggHead Forum
It's raining and I got me Egg cookin' some ribs at 200 and I'm at work....first time cooking in the rain what should I expect when I get home....ya think the coals will be out??
·

Comments

• BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Ermmmm... dunno --

I got a roof entension over my Egg, so I don't worry about rain.

But I love to watch the moths fly over the upper vent and get fried!

:blink:
    ·
  • HermHerm Posts: 206
    It should be fine.
    ·
  • I think if thats your dome temp your grill temp is going to be lower like 195 or so, thats a little low for ribs. dome should be about 250 degrees.
    FW
    ·
  • Possibly the best you ever had. Temp's a little low.
    ·
  • madmikemadmike Posts: 103
    Ya got home temp was at 150 just brought it up to 250

tanx
    mike :laugh:
    ·
  • I've had my Egg almost two months now and it's rained 75% of the time that I have used it. I thought it was just me!! :woohoo:
    ·