Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First cook with DigiQII

JeetJeet Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am proud to say I cooked my first meal with DigiQ II today. I was nervous at first but it is very very easy to use. Below is a picture of my setup and then pics of the meal. Including dessert!

Method:

The chicken
Chicken rubbed with Dizzy Dust (I used the Coarse Grind which came in today with the DigiQ). Drank half a can of beer and… Well you know. I Preheated egg to 400 (Very easily done with Digi) placed to food probe and set for 167 breast temp. Just over an hour later chicken was done! I let it rest for about 10 min before carving. It was the juiciest chicken I have ever had!!

The peach
Cut in half, drizzled with EVOO and sprinkled sugar and grilled both sides. I placed a half scoop of vanilla ice-cream. I was able to keep the temp at 400 with Digi for this as well.

Take care,

Mike P.
Cumming, GA

DigiQII.jpg

BeerChicken.jpg

GrilledPeachwithicecream.jpg

Comments