Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple Breast

FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
edited 2:46PM in EggHead Forum
Love a good butt cook but turkey is great. Wanted crisp skin and moist meat so rinsed and left in fridge for a couple of hours uncovered. No oil but healthy rub of Swamp Venom and some of Richardfl's rainbow pepper blend. Cooked over a drip pan with red wine and water mix at 325 indirect for 2 1/2 hrs to 160 internal (this one's 7 1/2#) the wood was 2 small pieces of wild cherry. The skin was great with a real bite and breast very moist. Still can't figure out if I'm a butt or breast man :woohoo: :woohoo:

Going on with the SV and Rfla's pepper

101_2202.jpg

2 1/2 hours later

101_2203.jpg

Sliced and ready (note the juices on the plate) very moist and we already ate the skin.

101_2204.jpg

Comments

• bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Very nice looking breast..can I say that to a guy? Have you ever brined your turkey before? You will never go back when you do. Moist and flavorful. If you need a recipe for the brine (basic) let me know.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,338
    nice looking cook...reminds me I have one of them in the freezer.
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    I haven't done a turkey breast in awhile. Good idea for the weekend
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Looks like a pretty solid cook Pat.

Mike
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Yea thats fine just no nice butt comments :whistle: never brined a butt but injected a fried turkey one time and all i tasted was the spice and never tried again. Guess I got the first one so wrong that it soured me on it. I would like the brine recipe, if you don't mind, to maybe try in the future.
    Thanks
    Thanks Tom,, Also thanks for the Email response. I need to get with you about the slider setup and another spider and rig. I don't want to miss any parts. Love your products and now the news letter.
    Great quick and easy cook even if it is healthy ;)
    Thanks Mike,, It's a version of the kiss method that the wife recoined. KISDA keep it simple dumb a$$ :ohmy: Looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta. I'll be the one with the red jugs (Bloody Mary's) :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Pat, Look great I like the crispy skin as well. JD
    Thanks Fire,, I think the time in the fridge uncovered allowed the skin to dry so it crisped up to the crunchy stage. If you noticed in the pics the skin was the first to go.
  • Pat, I like the crunch great job! JD
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    I need that slice there for some a sub.

Nice looking cook.

Kent
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    Looks great Pat.If all of that does not get consumed tonight you will have a great lunch time snack tomorrow.As to your preference to butt or breast guy(you like um both.)
    LOL Thanks Darnoc, have 2 sammy's in the fridge for tomorrow. :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Emailing it to you now
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    there be many brine recipes. I will talk to little chef and send you some via email. Got to run, it is nearing my bed time. I get up at 4 am.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Pat,

That was a really nice cook. All the parts are good, too--breast, thigh, butt, leg...:)
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Quite a crust on there...very nice.

Turkey season is almost here. For some reason I never cook turkey between April and September.
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    I am a Thigh Guy.

Walt