Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Question

Grillin Guy
Grillin Guy Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Angel and I were in New Orleans for a couple of days last week and found a great little restaurant in the Warehouse District called La Boca. I had the Cenrto de Entrana which turned out to be a Hanger Steak. Now I've never had a Hanger Steak before so I started doing some research on it and found out the Hanger Steak is a thick strip of meat from the underside of the beef cow. It hangs (hence the name) between the rib and the loin. It is part of the diaphragm and, like a skirt steak is full of flavor but can be tough if not prepared correctly.

I've not been able to find that cut here on the Gulf Coast but have asked several butchers to be on the look out for it and to let me know when they find it.

I just wanted to know if any of you have been cooking Hangers and if you have, what receipe you use? Do you use a cast iron pan to sear it? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments