Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

stuffed green pepper riddle

RRPRRP Posts: 14,119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you like stuffed green peppers as well as I do here's a riddle for you...

What's better than 4 stuffed peppers?
IMG_0966.jpg

Answer
Having 3 more frozen and "Food Savered" for a terrific easy lunch in the future!
IMG_2479.jpg
Ron
Dunlap, IL
·

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    4 stuffed peppers and a "fifth" on the bar?
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC05680.jpg

Would a pan of cabbage rolls be a close second? I vac bagged 10 for the freezer today...
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Peppers. You need to make those at your next class!
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I do love stuffed bell peppers.Those look great :woohoo:

friday003.jpg
    ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Double yes on the Sarmale.
    E
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Not real big on bells as to mild but they still look good. Alittle habernerio choped up in it and now were talking!! :laugh: I got to get me a vacume saver. What kind do you have?
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    I have been wanting to freeze some for my mom who doesn't cook much anymore. Do you freeze them cooked or uncooked? And to be a pest how do reheat them? :whistle:
    ·
  • Ron's peppers look uncooked in the vacuum packs but I have had good luck freezing cooked ones. I reheat them in the microwave.
    Paul
    ·
  • HermHerm Posts: 206
    Oh my ....!!!! wrapped in bacon? those look amazing. did everything cook up right at the same time? I would love some details.

Thanks!
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,119
    The recipe I use from Gfw calls for each pepper to be parboiled for 3 minutes. I then stuffed them and froze them overnight. Being rock-hard I did a quick seal on the Food Saver without crushing them. My intention will be to unwrap, thaw and then pop in the oven at 325° for 30 minutes thus completing the instructions. I've been using this recipe for 7 or 8 years now and they are terrific!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,119
    The brand is Food Saver and seems to be the most popular here. Just like my eggs I'll never be without one again!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·