Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

stuffed green pepper riddle

RRPRRP Posts: 15,839
edited 3:01AM in EggHead Forum
If you like stuffed green peppers as well as I do here's a riddle for you...

What's better than 4 stuffed peppers?
IMG_0966.jpg

Answer
Having 3 more frozen and "Food Savered" for a terrific easy lunch in the future!
IMG_2479.jpg
Ron
Dunlap, IL
·

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    4 stuffed peppers and a "fifth" on the bar?
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC05680.jpg

Would a pan of cabbage rolls be a close second? I vac bagged 10 for the freezer today...
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Peppers. You need to make those at your next class!
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I do love stuffed bell peppers.Those look great :woohoo:

friday003.jpg
    ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Double yes on the Sarmale.
    E
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Not real big on bells as to mild but they still look good. Alittle habernerio choped up in it and now were talking!! :laugh: I got to get me a vacume saver. What kind do you have?
    ·
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    I have been wanting to freeze some for my mom who doesn't cook much anymore. Do you freeze them cooked or uncooked? And to be a pest how do reheat them? :whistle:
    ·
  • Ron's peppers look uncooked in the vacuum packs but I have had good luck freezing cooked ones. I reheat them in the microwave.
    Paul
    ·
  • HermHerm Posts: 206
    Oh my ....!!!! wrapped in bacon? those look amazing. did everything cook up right at the same time? I would love some details.

Thanks!
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,839
    The recipe I use from Gfw calls for each pepper to be parboiled for 3 minutes. I then stuffed them and froze them overnight. Being rock-hard I did a quick seal on the Food Saver without crushing them. My intention will be to unwrap, thaw and then pop in the oven at 325° for 30 minutes thus completing the instructions. I've been using this recipe for 7 or 8 years now and they are terrific!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,839
    The brand is Food Saver and seems to be the most popular here. Just like my eggs I'll never be without one again!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·