Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

question about ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are having a tailgate party sunday before the big game (Bills-Bears)
and I want to bring pre-cooked ribs, and finish them on the grill
in the parking lot.[p]
I'm thinking about using the 3-2-1 method where I would do the first two steps saturday night, leave them in them in tinfoil and put them in the frig overnight, and cook them direct on the grill
for an hour or so on Sunday. [p]Would this work out okay? or is there a better way to do this?[p]thanks[p] Warren

Comments

• ColoradoCook
    Options
    Wzendano,[p]Your on the right track. I also use the 3/1/1.5 method, on the last 1/2 hour I put one layer of sauce (they get to gummy with anything more than that). I also jack the temp up to 275 to 300 to crisp them up. I often leave out the last 1/2 hour, wrap in foil, transport in cooler, and finish at a friends house on their grill. I also have frozen them in a vac pack for later defrosting and cooking on the grill for 1/2 hour with sauce. They always turn out great.[p]CC
  • Charcoal Mike
    Options
    ColoradoCook,[p]Really? You just cook all but the last 30 minutes or so and then freeze them? Tell me more! I just bought a foodsaver, so I would love to have a freezer full of finished ribs just waiting for me to heat up quickly when I get home after work. Ribs for me are purely a weekend thing due to the length of the cook.[p]Do you mind detailing the steps? How long do they take to defrost before you put them on - overnight?[p]Thanks![p]- Mike