Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- for you Lawn Gurus,,,,

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
mower1.jpg
After 3 years I finally gave into getting a brand new mower- a Toro # 20065. That faithful-baught-from-Wally World 3 yrs ago for $79(refurished) just couldnt hack it anymore. Well worth the cash for 3 yrs.
Well, here's to a start of a new relationship with the new girl. And might I say..what a difference. So looking fwd to mowing lawns now!!

ST
mower3.jpg

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Glad that you got a new mower,but hope that you don't have a big yard :whistle: I have over 1.5 acres plus I cut my MIL's 2 acres.Damn,i'm tired just thinking about it :lol::)

001.jpg
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Congrats! I bought a Honda lawn mower back in 1992, and it is still in service. I've been using my #2 Honda more recently, though. I had to mow one weekend, and the starter cord broke. I found the part number, and the local Honda dealer said it would be two weeks before he could get one. That was back in 2006, so I immediately went back home for the van and bought another Honda mower. No way I was going to wait two weeks--it actually took them four weeks to get the part. But now, I have a dedicated mulching mower , and a dedicated bagger :)

I hope that you'll get some good usage out of your new tool!
  • Smokin' Todd
    naaaaaaaaaaaaa....not big at all.
    Only 4001 SQ ft. A bit more then enough to call it a lawn, but not enough to get into acres!
    Summer has been great here. Only been in upper 90's a few days and more then usual thunder showers where it actually dumped enough rain whereas i only had to water twice to keep the green u see that gets the envy of everyone in my 'hood.
    ST
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I use a 3 year old Toro with the personal pace system. Best mower I've ever owned. It is a terrific mulcher.

Great choice my man.
  • Smokin' Todd
    Thats what I got...the good 'ol personal pace.
    The other faithful said it was 5.5 HP, but it lost a some of that as this 6,5 HP is a huge comparison.
    So quite and strong. Dang I cant wait until the next mow.
    Even with the purchased extended warranty I paid less then retail. Gotta love deals this time of year!
    ST
  • Smokin' Todd
    I did look into those, but The Honda series-the ones the Home Depot i went too anyway- were next to the Torros, and were a few hundred more, and couldnt see a reason to buy one.
    Yes Im a lawn guy, and have the nicest lawn in the 'hood, but not to the point yet where I break down, or even know, every mower feature.
    Heck the 20066 was $70 more but had the exact spects as the 20065 I bought. Just dont know what makes it more.
    ST
  • I ride a 42" John Deere. Too much yard to walk.

I'm on a mow every four day cycle right now and really could mow every three days. We're getting our normal afternoon showers and plenty sunshine. Got the height set on 3-3/4" and thinking about going to the max of 4". I can actually hear my grass growing. B) :laugh:
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Brings back one of my favorite stories.

Our house backs up to a 200 year old private cemetery. For the entire time we lived here I half jokenly said that when I retired I would approach the cemetery association and make them an offer they couldn't refuse. Then I would put in a gate and equipment barn, and become their dedicated lawn-mowing service.

My company would be called "Blow'n & Go'n Mow'n." I would have me a chilled six pack cooler mounted on my John Deere and mow until I ran out of beer. Then I'd pick back up in a day to two to finish it off.

Wouldn't you know it, they heard about my plans through my broker and asked me to submit a bid. So I called Lawn Ranger for advice on equipment.

It got down to only one issue: I asked that they pay me in monthly increments for the expected 8 mowings a year. They balked at that so I decided I no longer wanted to do it.

Now they're paying more and getting less, and I'm smelling up their cemetery with pork butts and briskets.

Oh yea, I also pay my International Workforce to mow my own yard. @ $20 a mow, edge, trim and blow I find it to be a deal even I can't refuse.

Life is good and gett'n gooder.

Spring "Blow'n & Go'n Sitt'n & Sipp'n" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    You need this one Doug

035.jpg
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    The 20066 has and engine with more torque.
  • Smokin' Todd
    That is a great thread Leroy!
    One thing that I did think of in regards to your thread was the beer thing. One model did have a beverage holder
    and thought real hard about it even though it wasnt self-propelled.
    This time I actually won a battle over beer!!!!
    ST
  • DSCN3242.jpg
    DSCN3250.jpg
    Todd,
    I'm glade I have a small yard!
    Ross
  • Smokin' Todd
    P2070013.jpg
    That mower went on the curb about 4pm yesterday, was there before I went to bed, but gone by 5am this morning.
    Same thing last yr when I put a scrap window air conditioner-gone within hrs. In a rural town of only 4,100 people and things disappearing so quickly I guess I need to research the refund of scrap metal.
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    My lawn mower is named Vicente. I think he might be part of Spring Chicken's International Workforce. Or maybe he is a foreign exchange student. :lol: He is dependable, hard-working, and does a great job for a very reasonable charge.