Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Beer Can Chicken (part 3)

Iowa State EggerIowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for all your help. This cook would not have been possible without all of your help.

It was awesome. Two beer can chickens. They ended up at 350 for about one hour and forty five minutes. They "rested" for about a half an hour.

My parents-in-law came over for supper tonight, and they are somewhat picky (I can tell you that because my wife does not know about the forum). Both of them thought it was the juiciest chicken they have ever had.

Personally, I would like to spice it up a little more. However, since it was my first BCC I didn't want to go overboard. I can definitely see improvements coming down the line. Anyway, here are the pics:

Just getting ready to go on:

RawChicket-readytoGrill.jpg

After just short of two hours:

Cooked-Comingoff.jpg

Thanks to your help - in the tent for about a half an hour:

TentforChicken.jpg

Chicken that is cut up - this was really my first time of cutting up a whole chicken so the dark pieces didn't cut real well. The dark meat and wings ended up being "pulled":

CutupChicken.jpg

I know we are not supposed to have left overs - but this sure looks like one heck of a pulled chicken sandwich tomorrow!

LeftOvers.jpg

Again - thanks for all of your help!

Comments